Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Brake pedal stuck

Reactions
Has anyone else experienced a situation where you get into your explorer and attempt to start the car but the brake pedal is stuck/jammed in the down position? Last night I drove to home depot was in and out in about 10 mins. Went to leave, got in the car, went to press the brake to start and it was jammed all the way down. I had to almost kick the brake pedal 3-4 times before it let go. First and only time its done this so far.

Reactions
I haven't heard of anything like this. I highly advise taking your vehicle in for service. This sounds very dangerous and could reoccur.

OP
M
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I haven't heard of anything like this. I highly advise taking your vehicle in for service. This sounds very dangerous and could reoccur.
Yea its going in next week and will be checked out. Hopefully they can determine what would have caused it.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Any chance you had your E-brake (parking brake) on?

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
I don’t think so. I usually only use that on inclines.
Did the dealer find the issue? I had this happen to me awhile back and made an appointment immediately but it was a few weeks later and the braking problem went away after a few days.

Brought it in and they said everything seemed fine and couldn't find anything wrong. Was told to bring it back immediately if it happened again. Brake pedal felt a bit weird past couple of days again almost like it was going to stick again. Waiting for the problem to start again so I can bring it in.