Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Brake Noise at Slow speed/ Keyless Entry pad problem

rmartin5

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Hello,

just purchased the 2021 Ford Explorer ST (203 miles) and we have noticed an annoying noise when gently breaking at slow speed. It’s a squishy and clunk sound. We turn the radio up to prevent frustration until we can get to the dealer. Our keyless entry pad works when it wants to some times nothing at all. My 2016 Ford Fusion’s keyless entry pad works flawlessly. One touch it lights up and works. The ST has a problem. Hope for fixes these issues.

RLW

Reactions
I have 200 miles on mine and have the opposite pattern. The 2017 XLT I traded had an erratic keypad (replaced one that lost its mind and drained my battery!), but the ST so far works fine. I did go into settings to add my own code though. Is your issue getting it to light up or responding to your code?

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
My keypad also acts up from time. Seems to depend on the temperature. It sometimes struggles to light up. If you find a fix please let us know. My keys always stay in the vehicle, so I really depend on the keypad working.