Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Borla s type upgrade

Reactions
Just got the borla s type, h&r springs, and steeda sway bar installed by local ford dealership. The sales rep screwed up and didn't order the polished black chrome tips, needless to say I was a little angry buy he ordered the new one and will swap it out when it comes in. This exhaust sounds amazing, it doesn't sound like a 4 cylinder camry anymore. The springs and the sway bar make the car handle so much better and the stance looks great. I was concerned about them getting the alignment right but it turned out perfect. The exhaust does rattle and makes some crazy sounds but realized it's coming from the heat shield bolt touching the muffler on the passenger side. I'll get them to cut off the excess bolt touching the muffler. I'm waiting for the Whipple intercooler and palm beach tune to arrive now.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Attachments

Last edited:

REO1378

Reactions
We have the same set up and rattle. It's all part of the customization game I guess. I got driver side rattle somewhat fixed, but now need to locate the passenger side rattle.

OP
edeyoung2
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Funny you just sent that, I literally just got done fixing mine. I took down my passenger side muffler and used a Sawzall to cut the excess bolt. It took about 10 minutes. No more rattle

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Reactions
Glad I found this searching. I need to do the same. (y)(y)(y)
Does this just entail cutting off the head? Is a spot weld needed?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer st
No need to cut anything - just loosen the first clamp after the muffler and give the whole muffler assembly a little tweaking - it'll raise or lower the tips an inch or two, you don't need much, just make it so its not resting on the 2 heat shield bolts and vroom!