Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Bora spacers with stock wheel and springs

Reactions
If anyone is interested. Stock wheels and springs with Bora spacers 1.25in front and back.

Attachments

OP
mkuluz
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
I haven’t driven it on winding roads yet. But it seems more stable. Definitely looks better

BigIsland

Reactions
If anyone is interested. Stock wheels and springs with Bora spacers 1.25in front and back.
What torque spec did you use 140 or 150?

OP
mkuluz
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
Agree. If you read the info from Bora it says >140lbs to call them. (or something like that). If I remember on another thread someone contact Bora and the rec was 150.

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Agree. If you read the info from Bora it says >140lbs to call them. (or something like that). If I remember on another thread someone contact Bora and the rec was 150.
Here’s the email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigIsland

Reactions
Thank you. I did 150 no problem. Ran them for 200 miles then re checked and it stayed in spec. Appreciate it. Love the stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
That looks great! I added spacers on our Murano Platinum. Gives the car such better appearance and handling improved alot, in my opinion. Think I'll order some for our new ST as well.

Reactions
Now you just have to lower it!

Reactions
Did you have to cut the studs? Also, did you install the factory lugs to secure the spacers to the factory studs, then aftermarket lugs to the spacer studs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kirk ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Hi all - on a warm Christmas eve afternoon I put on my 1" front and 1.25" rear Borla spacers. I did have to trim down the front studs about .25". The rear stud length wasn't an issue at all. I had an angle grinder with a cutting disc that made short work of the front ones. I definitely like the look a lot more and I think I can feel the handling difference, but it might all be in my head! If nothing else, it looks much better AND it was a good reason to take the wheels off and do a good cleaning on the inside of those rims. My spacers only took about 3 weeks to get to me. The whole job took about 90mins once I realized I had to trim those front studs. Here are a few photos: 2 before, 2 after.

Attachments

OP
mkuluz
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
Did you have to cut the studs? Also, did you install the factory lugs to secure the spacers to the factory studs, then aftermarket lugs to the spacer studs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I didn't cut the studs. I installed the factory lugs to secure the spacers the the studs, then aftermarket black mugs to the spacer studs.