Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Bluey! - the Mild 2020 ST Build

Bluey!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Traded in my 2018 Raptor for a ~45k mile 2020 ST 400a in Atlas Blue with Premium Tech and Street Package. So glad I got an early production ST as it has all the bells and whistles, four bolt diff brace and tow point. Based on what I've read here, Ford has progressively reduced features and 'unnecessary ' engineering that was 'necessary' on the 2020.
The previous owner installed H&R springs, intercooler (unknown brand), Steeda rear sway bar, JLT catch can and a Boomba vent-to-atmosphere. A couple weird/missing things...no strut tower brace, no tow hook supplied and no owners manual.
Found it on Ford Blue Advantage website and purchased it from Leonardtown Ford in southern MD. Originally, the dealership did not provide the paperwork for the Blue Advantage Gold Certified program (as listed) but after a month of back and forth, they recertified and I now have the 7 year, 100k mile powertrain warranty it was listed with.
More to come!

Attachments

Last edited:

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Traded in my 2018 Raptor for a ~45k mile 2020 ST 400a in Atlas Blue with Premium Tech and Street Package. So glad I got an early production ST as it has all the bells and whistles, two bolt diff brace and tow point. Based on what I've read here, Ford has progressively reduced features and 'unnecessary ' engineering that was 'necessary' on the 2020.
The previous owner installed H&R springs, intercooler (unknown brand), Steeda rear sway bar and a Boomba vent-to-atmosphere. A couple weird/missing things...no strut tower brace, no tow hook supplied and no owners manual.
Found it on Ford Blue Advantage website and purchased it from Leonardtown Ford in southern MD. Originally, the dealership did not provide the paperwork for the Blue Advantage Gold Certified program (as listed) but after a month of back and forth, they recertified and I now have the 7 year, 100k mile powertrain warranty it was listed with.
More to come!
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST High Perf Package
Wow! Same story! We traded in a 2018 for a 2022 Explorer ST. Our Raptor was called "Blue" - so we called the ST "Little Blue". Blue-LittleBlue.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Traded in my 2018 Raptor for a ~45k mile 2020 ST 400a in Atlas Blue with Premium Tech and Street Package. So glad I got an early production ST as it has all the bells and whistles, two bolt diff brace and tow point. Based on what I've read here, Ford has progressively reduced features and 'unnecessary ' engineering that was 'necessary' on the 2020.
The previous owner installed H&R springs, intercooler (unknown brand), Steeda rear sway bar and a Boomba vent-to-atmosphere. A couple weird/missing things...no strut tower brace, no tow hook supplied and no owners manual.
More to come!
No front strut brace is crazy! Why would they do that. Congrats and welcome.

OP
Bluey!

Bluey!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #5
No front strut brace is crazy! Why would they do that. Congrats and welcome.
Right!? I figure that was an easy part to sell so they pulled it. The first thing I did was get a Steeda replacement.

Attachments

OP
Bluey!

Bluey!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #6
Wow! Same story! We traded in a 2018 for a 2022 Explorer ST. Our Raptor was called "Blue" - so we called the ST "Little Blue". View attachment 22104
Beaut! I like the tow hook carryover. I loved the idea of having a Raptor but not as fun as an ST in MD.

Attachments

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
More to come!
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Nice pickup...i've always been secretly jealous of that Blue. Welcome.

OP
Bluey!

Bluey!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Thread Starter #11
Installed Steeda toe arms, vertical link stiffiners, sway bar links and new shocks with new OEM hardware from Tasca. Next are the subframe stiffiners and pinion bushings. Creaks and groans are mostly gone.

Attachments

Last edited: