Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Blind Spot and Cross Traffic system stopped working

OP
STJIM
Reactions
Thread Starter #21
Spoke to my dealer today and they claim that is not the same module that is causing my same issue. Then I spoke to ford Corp. I finally got to someone that actually made sense. Waiting to hear back from them on Monday. They promised they would get to the bottom of this. I’ve been waiting for this part for over 5 weeks. I’ll get back after next Monday! Jim

OP
STJIM
Reactions
Thread Starter #22
Forgot this part. My dealer after reading GTP’s post stated the part number for my problem which is exactly the same is LB5Z14C689H.

Reactions
Makes me curious when these, that are having similar problems, were all built, mine was 1/2020

OP
STJIM
Reactions
Thread Starter #25
Finally fixed. Now my rear camera has intermittent issues. Screen turns bright blue. Dealer ordered new rear camera. Wonder what’s next? Still love this dang thing

motormac

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Today, I cycled the rear hatch, drove 20 miles, cycled the hatch, drove 0.2 miles, and when I went into reverse, I had a blue screen rear camera at 986.2 miles on my 2021. I went out to the vehicle a couple of hours later, started it, put it into reverse, and everything was working 'just fine.' I guess a discussion with the service manager may enlighten me, or I may get the normal rhetoric of either taps, or soft shoe. I hope I like the tune that they play during the performance.

hbalek

Reactions
Today, I cycled the rear hatch, drove 20 miles, cycled the hatch, drove 0.2 miles, and when I went into reverse, I had a blue screen rear camera at 986.2 miles on my 2021. I went out to the vehicle a couple of hours later, started it, put it into reverse, and everything was working 'just fine.' I guess a discussion with the service manager may enlighten me, or I may get the normal rhetoric of either taps, or soft shoe. I hope I like the tune that they play during the performance.
Mine has done this a couple of times in the past 6 months. I have not had it looked at but after a restart it works immediately.

motormac

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I have a spreadsheet on my vehicles, and I am documenting these items with date, mileage, etc. The service manager at the dealership has worked with me on warranty claims on other vehicles, so I will talk to him, just to start a conversation. If it is legitimate, he has always been upfront with me, so I do not expect a problem. It is a small dealership, store 2, in a small city, and they have great reviews from other customers. I had to go to a 'Big City' (50 miles) area to find this vehicle, as this area is depressed from when 'King Coal' had died, and incomes are small compared to the 'Big City' areas. Low incomes, means very few high end models available.

Last edited:
Reactions
I got the Blind Spot Communication Failure notice today. Called my dealer. Cant get in till next Friday. I guess I'll find out if part availability has changed in a year. Took a copy of STJIM post and the part number. Time will tell.

Reactions
Part came in already. Will have to remove the bumper to replace it. Will be an all day job. Oh well.

Reactions
Done. They have me a loaner and when I got my ST back, everything works.