Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Black Friday Steeda sale.

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Gents, I'm all for supporting the vendors and small businesses here on the forum. If anyone was looking for a Steeda sway bar....they are $149 on sale from Steeda. Other vendors here may have comparable sales as well. Now someone find me a great deal on a new exhaust. Please. :)

Reactions
Gents, I'm all for supporting the vendors and small businesses here on the forum. If anyone was looking for a Steeda sway bar....they are $149 on sale from Steeda. Other vendors here may have comparable sales as well. Now someone find me a great deal on a new exhaust. Please. :)
Thanks for the heads up!
What exhaust? I can’t decide which one I want either

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Wow. The rear sway bar is a tremendous deal and is "must have" for the ST.

Reactions
This is a good deal. The better deal is what this bar matched with a set of Steeda springs will do for the handling. I'm 400 miles in on the set up. One word. Awesome. Lowered about an inch, no alignment adjustment required. Great road feel without being harsh. Very happy with the results.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
This is a good deal. The better deal is what this bar matched with a set of Steeda springs will do for the handling. I'm 400 miles in on the set up. One word. Awesome. Lowered about an inch, no alignment adjustment required. Great road feel without being harsh. Very happy with the results.
Totally agree. Awesome combo. Really transforms the vehicle. I would recommend it to anyone. And yeah, no worries about alignment being out of spec like some members with H&R. I've had 6 people in it on occasions and it still rides great.

2020is

Reactions
Can anyone give me a ballpark on how long Steeda shipping took from order to receiving? Ordered sway bar and springs yesterday - ST arrived at dealer today and was planning on having his tech install them before delivery.
Got order confirmation email but no further email from Steeda....I know I am being impatient but just curious.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'm surprised you didn't get a fed ex tracking notice today. IIRC, got mine in 4 days (not including order day).

2020is

Reactions
Thanks for the reply. Shipping to commercial address and holiday rush being over I was hopeful for something quick but didn't want to spend almost the cost of another swaybar for expedited shipping. Hoping it shipped today and email will come later tonight.

Reactions
Springs were available right away, bar took longer. When I ordered in early Nov. I recall them having fit issues when using HR springs. I want to say that was the reason for the delay. Regardless, worth the wait. I too have had six people loaded up with luggage in back and on top and the road characteristics are still awesom.

2020is

Reactions
Called and warehouse was closed since Wednesday afternoon for holiday weekend and backed up due to that. Along with finding out that springs were coming off production and no ETA on them at this time was a bummer. Wondering if I should ask them about the H&R(other than they were cheaper elsewhere) availability? Was worried about any fit issues with rear sway and H&R together and seemed like similar appearance of drop from my reading on the forum.
Looks like I might need to go ahead and take the ST off the lot and will either install myself or take it back for install. Was trying to have it done at delivery for convenience and my bride not typically liking me modifying her ride, lol.

Reactions
To anyone who recently got a Steeda rear sway bar, would you be able to post a picture of it please?

Reactions
Can anyone give me a ballpark on how long Steeda shipping took from order to receiving? Ordered sway bar and springs yesterday - ST arrived at dealer today and was planning on having his tech install them before delivery.
Got order confirmation email but no further email from Steeda....I know I am being impatient but just curious.
I recently ordered their lowering springs, I too got the confirmation email. No tracking # yet. I'd guess when it ships you'd get one (hopefully I wil too).

Reactions
hey guys, new ST owner here. J/w why the Steeda rear sway is a must have since we’ve got reasonably-sized OEM rear sways?

2020is

Reactions
I ended up speaking to Ron at Whoosh Motorsports and ordered a set of H&R that should ship today and cancelled my Steeda springs. Swaybar ships today from Steeda. Totally understandable delay I guess with being shut down for the holiday weekend. Excited for these items to arrive and get installed and take delivery of the new ride.

blaster9, Ron did mention the springs made a bigger difference than the swaybar but that he had installed swaybar on the softest setting.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I can’t answer this question with direct respect to the Explorer. I can however, tell you my experience with F150’s. The trucks do not come with a rear sway bar. Hellwig is the game with the F150 crowd and adding their sway bar to the rear even on the softest setting is an amazing upgrade. Can’t imagine why Ford doesn’t put these on from the factory.

The trucks do however, come with front sway bars as OE, the size of these bars varies dependent on which package the truck comes with. These are nice hefty sway bars. Replacing the front with a Hellwig front bar that is only minimally larger in diameter still makes an amazing improvement. It’s not as dramatic as putting one where none existed but it’s something that you will not only notice but fully appreciate. Hellwig’s front one is also a solid bat as opposed to a tube types bar.

Reactions
I think, based on the email I recieved, Steeda is aobut 2-3 weeks out from shipping their springs. I ordered late and am not suprised, so I'm ok with waiting a bit. Also, I used a code at checkout and it saved me a bit (in case anyone wants to try it).

speedmatters10

2020is

Reactions
I ended up calling Steeda and cancelling my order for springs but maintained the order for the swaybar. All was ordered on Monday. Wednesday afternoon when I cancelled the springs I contacted Ron at Whoosh and ordered the H&R. They were shipped that afternoon and arrived today while the swaybar didn't end up shipping until Thursday and won't arrive until Monday.

Very pleased with the customer service from Whoosh Motorsports.

Reactions
I think, based on the email I recieved, Steeda is aobut 2-3 weeks out from shipping their springs. I ordered late and am not suprised, so I'm ok with waiting a bit. Also, I used a code at checkout and it saved me a bit (in case anyone wants to try it).

speedmatters10
5 weeks later. Still eagerly waiting for the springs. ;) Still hopeful since their site now says "2020 Explorer Springs NOW AVAILABLE".

Reactions
5 weeks later. Still eagerly waiting for the springs. ;) Still hopeful since their site now says "2020 Explorer Springs NOW AVAILABLE".
I am in the same boat. Sales guy keeps giving me the run around every time I email him. Last time offered to refund my money. I understand they probably need to manufacture these things so they don't just have product laying around but I wish they'd tell us there is an extensive lead time in advance.