Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Best use of Ford Pass points?

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I’m wondering if there’s anything worth spending 42000 ford pass points on. There doesn’t seem to be much available by way of accessories for the ST from Ford. I might just use them on service.
What have you guys spent your ford pass points on?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I use mine for an oil change.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Alignment after I installed Steeda springs. Left me with 12,000 which will probably expire soon.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Alignment after I installed Steeda springs. Left me with 12,000 which will probably expire soon.
Good idea

Reactions
I did the Console Vault and a bunch of oil filters.

Reactions
Oil, oil filter, cabin filter. X 2.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I used mine for service

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I used mine towards the purchase of an extended warranty from Flood Ford. Your 42,000 points should be good for $420 off the price.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I used mine towards the purchase of an extended warranty from Flood Ford. Your 42,000 points should be good for $420 off the price.
I don't know what kind of deal you got but 200 pts is worth $1. 42000 is worth $210

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
I did the Console Vault and a bunch of oil filters.
I have the console vault in the maverick. It’s cool. But I think I’d rather do a trunk vault for a rifle and training gear. Would be nice if I could get one from a PIU.

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
I don't know what kind of deal you got but 200 pts is worth $1. 42000 is worth $210
Agreed. It’s not much. But it’s something

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I used mine to get a rear cargo mat and 3rd-row mat and a cabin filter. I still have about 4,000 points I need to use up. I've been told these expire. Can't tell anyone they should buy Ford's cargo mats. They're kinda slick.

EDIT: By the way, this is a little bit of a sidetrack. I've purchased 4 new Fords over the past 6 years. Each one came out of the Chicago plant. All of them smelled very bad. Not like a new car smells more of a mossy smell. I changed the cabin filters within about a month and it cured the issue in each.

Last edited:

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
You're right, I was going off memory. I know I got several hundred dollars off the ESP when I used my points (but don't recall how many).

OP
SOUTHFLST

SOUTHFLST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
I used mine to get a rear cargo mat and 3rd-row mat and a cabin filter. I still have about 4,000 points I need to use up. I've been told these expire. Can't tell anyone they should buy Ford's cargo mats. They're kinda slick.

EDIT: By the way, this is a little bit of a sidetrack. I've purchased 4 new Fords over the past 6 years. Each one came out of the Chicago plant. All of them smelled very bad. Not like a new car smells more of a mossy smell. I changed the cabin filters within about a month and it cured the issue in each.
I ordered a Bronco, then a Maverick, then the ST (since May of 21).
Funny you mention the smell. My Maverick smells like the best new car sent of any car I’ve ever owned. Not overpowering. But everyone that gets in it comments about the “new car smell”. hope my ST doesn’t smell like mold/mildew/moss.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Yeah, well... that was inappropriate. I think we need to do a reset. This is getting old. Personal attacks don't belong on any forum and yeah, I've been part of that too and will do better.

We can have civil threads with real discussion without the rest of this stuff. Anyway... stepping down from my soapbox and dropping the mic.

Last edited:

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yeah, well... that was inappropriate. I think we need to do a reset. This is getting old. Personal attacks don't belong on any forum and yeah, I've been part of that too and will try to do better.

We can have civil threads with real discussion without the rest of this stuff. Anyway... stepping down from my soapbox and dropping the mic.
You are right about that. I will try to be better.

Reactions
I got the cross bars for the roof rack I will probably never use.