Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Best plastic cleaner

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
For all the exterior plastic what seems to be the best cleaner and treatment?

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I use 303 Protectant for all plastics inside. Currently using Gtechnique plastic treatment on the outside plastic. I use any generic citrus based cleaner to clean.

OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Thank for the info. i was trying to figure out something that worked.

KMEdell

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I was very impressed with the Exoforma Black Plastic Restorer, easy to apply and polish, made the trim look brand new!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Cerakote is considered the gold standard. There is a good review on project farm if you like.
Link

OK ST

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
https://aerolon.com/

I use this on the whole exterior and it keeps everything looking new. Have used it for years on other vehicles with black plastic exterior pieces and they continue to look like new. Easy application, I only apply in Spring and Fall and other than regular washing that's all I do to protect paint and plastics.

RTM

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Do these remove the white clay residue from using a wax on the plastic inadvertently? I used the kit the dealer gave me and it made the plastic turn a whitish gray color. Ceramic was applied to the plastics too, so I assumed the wax would be fine on that. I tried NuVinyl, and another vinyl cleaner and it only lasts a few weeks at the most. Dealers service person told me to "steam it out". I have no clue how to go about that.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Do these remove the white clay residue from using a wax on the plastic inadvertently? I used the kit the dealer gave me and it made the plastic turn a whitish gray color. Ceramic was applied to the plastics too, so I assumed the wax would be fine on that. I tried NuVinyl, and another vinyl cleaner and it only lasts a few weeks at the most. Dealers service person told me to "steam it out". I have no clue how to go about that.
I saw a youtube video that used a white pencil eraser on the trim. I bought some and shockingly, it removed the rubbing compound that nothing would take off! Here is the eraser I am talking about:

https://a.co/d/0vGOEYO

RTM

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
This really works! It takes some elbow grease, but it does the job. This may be the best tip I've had on here. Thanks.

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
CERAKOTE and it's not close. Did a black trim project tonight with my old 123k mile X5 and very pleased w/ the results.

Will add pics tomorrow. *Couple pics added.

Attachments

Last edited: