Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Best Explorer ST 2022 exhaust just bought today

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
What’s the best exhaust for a 2022 ST Explorer just drove it off the lot stock

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
First off congrats and welcome to the forum. I LOVE the sound of Thermal R&D 3" exhaust. It sounds amazing. Look it up on YouTube

OP
M
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Sounded good just build a dailey focus with my son so excited to start this project

randyknight

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I think the new CP-E exhaust will be the best sounding setup once we can get a few more videos of it.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I love my Gibson axle back. Easy and sounds amazing. No drone.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Borla S here. Completely happy.

Reactions
I've had the Thermal 2.5 downpipe back for over a year and a half and it still puts a smile on my face with the cold start or when getting on it with the windows down. Also no drone issues at all. Also a straight forward install I did on ramps in the driveway.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I second the Thermal 2.5" I can't think of a thing I don't like about it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
If leaving the downpipes stock, I really like our Corsa System. It checks all of the boxes without being too aggressive.

If the plan is for additional mods down the road, the Thermal 3" System would be my next recommendation. At the end of the Day, it is very subjective so we always recommend to listen to as many clips as possible.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST

Chaseg08

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
I've had the Gibson axle-back and upgraded to the Thermal 2.5" last week because the tips on the Gibson were impossible to allign. I love the Thermal 2.5" sound. I hear the 3" inch is considerably louder which is why I went with the 2.5". It's quiet at cruising and really opens up under throttle.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I've had the Gibson axle-back and upgraded to the Thermal 2.5" last week because the tips on the Gibson were impossible to allign. I love the Thermal 2.5" sound. I hear the 3" inch is considerably louder which is why I went with the 2.5". It's quiet at cruising and really opens up under throttle.
The 3 inch is the exact same way you won't even notice it's there until you're on the gas

ST-Fisher

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thermal 3'' - I do a LOT of highway driving and there is 0 drone, and it sounds great!

blythkd

U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
I have the Thermal 3" and love it. Have the Whoosh down pipes/high flow cat's on pre-order waiting for delivery.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
as others have said the Thermal 3" is a great sounding exhaust mine has stock cats.

here is a clip of it at idle https://youtube.com/shorts/naj5Dc9NZ84

I do have to say that there is a slight drone at around 75-85 mph. its not mind numbing and can be offset with just turning the radio up.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
as others have said the Thermal 3" is a great sounding exhaust mine has stock cats.

here is a clip of it at idle https://youtube.com/shorts/naj5Dc9NZ84

I do have to say that there is a slight drone at around 75-85 mph. its not mind numbing and can be offset with just turing the radio up.
That sounds amazing!

Jammin30

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I know that these don't get used at tow rigs a bunch but I can and would likely be towing medium sized enclosed trailer a few times a year several hundred miles. Anyone done any towing with a Thermal 2.5 or 3" with being in 8th or 9th at highway speeds is there a drone issue?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer st
i have the thermal 2.5 with the midpipes to match. 0 and i mean absolutely 0 drone at highway speed, i dont even notice its there, it has some nice pops and burbles at 2k.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I’ve been more than happy with the sound of my Gibson…and how much money I saved over some of the other exhausts that are out there. Will be doing downpipes soon and hope I still like the sound.

Reactions
Pulled the trigger on the Thermal R&D 2.5". Nice little present to myself for the holidays and can't beat Lethal Performance's pricing right now with their Black Friday sale. $1,284.00 out the door. Hard to pass up with all the reviews I've read on here along with the pricing.