Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Base ST to be rear wheel drive for 2022.

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
If I would have had the option I may have went 2wd. Our ST is the first 4wd I've ever bought.

Reactions
Are there any other known differences for the 2022?

Reactions
Probably not a bad way to save some money for folks that want the ST power but live in places that never get snow/sleet conditions where AWD is very helpful

Reactions
Are there any other known differences for the 2022?
Wondering the same. My spider senses feel like there’s more to it than this. You dont do this kind of change unless you’re trying to answer some of what your performance buyers are asking for. I’m probably being too optimistic though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddanwatt

Reactions
The itellegent all wheel drive also contributes to handling stability. Learned this from the ST Experience last year. And the demos proved it! Also, the ST is rear wheel drive centric while on dry pavement.

Reactions
on line build, doesnt seem to allow it, I added the steeda rear swaybar and springs to mine, handling is much better

Reactions
I’m very interested to hear the reviews on the rwd vehicle. I think it would be a hoot to drive.
We went AWD on the MY22 as my wife wanted it for our Midwest climate. If it was solely up to me it would have been a hard decision.
I’m guessing 1/4 mile will be similar maybe a tad slower, but have a higher trap speed. In other words, slower launch but harder pull after.