Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Back from ceramic coating

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I bought a new to me white 2020 in January. I live in Ontario and it is my daily driver. I have a garage but don't think the ST will fit in it so I have been parking it outside.

It has a few rock chips on it but nothing severe.

I am planning on getting it paint corrected, ceramic coated and clear bra on entire front end including side mirrors. This is going to cost me 4k.

Am I being foolish?
Not at all. Totally worth it. Mine is coming up in 2 years and still looks great

Attachments

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I bought a new to me white 2020 in January. I live in Ontario and it is my daily driver. I have a garage but don't think the ST will fit in it so I have been parking it outside.

It has a few rock chips on it but nothing severe.

I am planning on getting it paint corrected, ceramic coated and clear bra on entire front end including side mirrors. This is going to cost me 4k.

Am I being foolish?
Ceramic coatings are the best by far, the appearance and protection benefits are unbeatable......BUT!......IMHO I would do some online research. I would watch some of the online You-Tube professionals like "PAN the Organizer" in Montreal.

The products the pros use are now available to the public and DYI means you save bigtime.

I'm big into the Adams Ceramic Graphene products, interior and exterior, they are amazing but almost all the big names make excellent products now.

DYI means in hundreds of $$$$ not thousands of $$$$

The one I'm looking at now is a Marine product that many of the auto detail Pros are using called STARK Surface Technologies.