Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Auto octane, and how to choose what's right for you!

Reactions
Why is the dealer flashing you guys back to stock? Isn’t that really dangerous if the the dealer tries to update anything software related when you have a tune on board? Also, I thought it was always recommended to flash stock before going into the dealer. Purely curious from someone looking to tune.
Honestly I don't know but when I emailed Adam he didn't seem to think it was a huge deal and just told me to flash it back. No issues so far.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
This write-up is the bomb. Appreciate the detailed explaination! I now know which way I want to go when I finally get a tune. At 3600 above sea level can only find 91 and the likelyhood that my wife will put in 87 and run a full-pull is non-existent. But really didn't know the difference in auto vs. dedicated until this. Appreciate the info.

Reactions
[QUOTE=" Just smile when I get into the go peddle, and not worry too much about shelling the weak ass 6 series 10 sp transmission FOMOCO put in a 400 hp sport grocery getter rather than the 8 series they put in a highway queen Bronco. Just sayin

The bronco uses the 10r60 as well.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh you are correct, I bought into the early rumors that it was the 10r80. Thank you for the clarification. Feel a little better now.

Reactions
@ZFGracing Question regarding the 91 only tune, well to all specific gas tunes only.

If for some reason you get a bad batch of gas of 91/93 or shitty in general, would do the car detonate even if its the appropriate octane? Or will it auto adjust its timings to a safe side?

Reactions
@ZFGracing Question regarding the 91 only tune, well to all specific gas tunes only.

If for some reason you get a bad batch of gas of 91/93 or shitty in general, would do the car detonate even if its the appropriate octane? Or will it auto adjust its timings to a safe side?
I think he covers that question well in his initial post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I think he covers that question well in his initial post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I did see that area. Was just a bit curious since I have seen first hand with a stock semi-new EB F-150 that actually got a CEL. Culprit ended up being bad gas according to the dealer, not sure how bad or shitty it was.

But was wondering if going WOT with bad gas on a tune, would it spell disastrous more so than a stock car?