Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone using RaceChip GTS

Reactions
Anyone use one of these? It claims +51 hp +88tq

looking for an alternative to ecu mapping but want to hear if someone has any experience with one first

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST

KenoshaST

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
For BoostMax or RaceChip, when you remove the harness and go "back to stock", can the dealer or manufacturer tell it was once installed? Are there any electronic artifacts left anywhere in any onboard system?

I am planning to purchase a CPO 2020 ST and am curious if the previous owner used anything like the BoostMax or RaceChip. It probably won't be a dealbreaker.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
For BoostMax or RaceChip, when you remove the harness and go "back to stock", can the dealer or manufacturer tell it was once installed? Are there any electronic artifacts left anywhere in any onboard system?

I am planning to purchase a CPO 2020 ST and am curious if the previous owner used anything like the BoostMax or RaceChip. It probably won't be a dealbreaker.
Nah. They are a piggyback system--meaning they alter the input signals into the existing ECU. There is no trace if one is pulled off.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I would stay away from the piggy-back systems. Fooling the ecu into allowing more boost/advance via capping the MAP/MAF signal voltage only works because of tolerances that were built into the ECU to compensate for mechanical variations in wastegates, etc. If your vehicle was already towards the limit, look out.

stuffle69

Reactions

Alot of those piggyback you need to re gap your spark plugs so i would check into that also before your purchase so you don't have any misfires .