Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

anyone use the auto park

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I really only used it as a party trick. Worked well though.

OP
NJ357L
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
I'm afraid to hit the rims lol still very new

hbalek

Reactions
I'm afraid to hit the rims lol still very new
Sometimes it scares me but it's been flawless. I did however curb a wheel past weekend for the first time at 32,000 miles. It hurt me and I almost cried!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Sometimes it scares me but it's been flawless. I did however curb a wheel past weekend for the first time at 32,000 miles. It hurt me and I almost cried!
We hit the rim on ours but thankfully it didn't scratch it. Gosh our hearts stopped.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
I keep meaning to try mine (in an empty lot), but I forget to go by my office on the weekend.

Reactions
I keep meaning to try mine (in an empty lot), but I forget to go by my office on the weekend.
It doesn't do well in empty lots. I've tried using mine twice in nearly empty lots, it lets me drive by endless empty spaces, but as soon as there is another car, it finds an available spot and then parks right next to the other vehicle.

Reactions
It doesn't do well in empty lots. I've tried using mine twice in nearly empty lots, it lets me drive by endless empty spaces, but as soon as there is another car, it finds an available spot and then parks right next to the other vehicle.
It works well, but it is way too slow.

bpenn8966

Reactions
I've used it a handful of times, it has worked really well for me.

Reactions
Perpendicular park is useless, doesn't matter if it's ford, cadillac, bmw, Mercedes, etc etc they are all way too slow.

Parallel parking works like a charm, some of the spots I have snuck it into are so small you would need someone who Parallel parks in this car every single day for 15+ years to effectively park, the car does it in 20-30 seconds with ease.

The Parallel park pull out works well too, but honestly getting out is the easy part, getting in with traffic breathing down ur neck is usually more pressure.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Only complaint is all the buttons. Gotta push a button to let it know you’re interested in auto park. Push another button to select the type of parking spot. And yet another button to hold until the job is complete. My X must be the anomaly, it’s super easy and intuitive, just have to put it in reverse and select the auto park button once. Both the X and ST park at the same speed from there.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Did not know that. Don't know if I'd want to trust it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Mine doesn't come with this feature from factory. (It has all other tech in it)
My would have really appreciated it for parallel parking (even if it was slow).

Is there any way we can add it later to the vehicle? (my assumption is No)

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yeah it doesn't 'see' the parking lines , it uses other objects to park between (ref pg 236) -

Driving into a Parking Space
Note: The system detects other vehicles
and curbs to find a parking space.
Note: The system does not recognize
parking space lines

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Party trick and that's about it. I used it more in my previous 2017 explorer. But with my ST, I'm too worried about scratching my rims lol Plus, I very rarely even park near people.

Reactions
Party trick and that's about it. I used it more in my previous 2017 explorer. But with my ST, I'm too worried about scratching my rims lol Plus, I very rarely even park near people.
So true, my wife always asks me if I have parked far enough away from the entrance. So I move a little farther away.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Mine doesn't come with this feature from factory. (It has all other tech in it)
My would have really appreciated it for parallel parking (even if it was slow).

Is there any way we can add it later to the vehicle? (my assumption is No)
Refining my question a bit.

Does the vehicle have all the hardware already installed for this feature to work? (Mine has the full 360 camera, front and rear sensors, and Ford copilot+)

If yes, then can someone with software knowledge, activate the self parking feature?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Refining my question a bit.

Does the vehicle have all the hardware already installed for this feature to work? (Mine has the full 360 camera, front and rear sensors, and Ford copilot+)

If yes, then can someone with software knowledge, activate the self parking feature?
It has to be a separate chip that enables that feature. Which is why it was cut out. If it was just software, it wouldn’t of been removed in the first place.

Mackdaddy

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST replaced my 2022 that was totaled
one of these days when I get the courage

Mackdaddy

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST replaced my 2022 that was totaled
it should show on your Window Sticker, on mine under optional equipment it shows active park assist 2.0 for $355