Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone do rear only spacers?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST Star White
Ordered a 4 pack of bora 1 1/4” spacers but debating on just doing the rears instead of all 4

the front really don’t need it I don’t think? But maybe I’ll think otherwise when they are on the back

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Yup. I have the "ideal" 22x10.5+30 wheels like most people on here but the front track width is 0.5" wider than the rear and that always bothered me, so I added 0.25" spacers in the rear.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
That's why I bought staggered spacers. 1.25 F and 1.5 R

Explorer22ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
Hi all. I'm thinking about putting Bora 1.25 spacers on the rear only of my ST, 401A, all options. I'm a novice for mods. Does anyone have any guidance for pros / cons of doing 1.25 spacers on the rear only? Will I need to have an alignment done or any other suspension changes? Thanks very much for sharing your experience and guidance.

OP
W
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST Star White
Thread Starter #5
Hi all. I'm thinking about putting Bora 1.25 spacers on the rear only of my ST, 401A, all options. I'm a novice for mods. Does anyone have any guidance for pros / cons of doing 1.25 spacers on the rear only? Will I need to have an alignment done or any other suspension changes? Thanks very much for sharing your experience and guidance.
thats what i did, looked goofy with 1.25 spacers on the front , shouldnt need any alighment or anything

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
I did rear Bora only, 1.25in everything is fine. looks great!
Just make sure to torque to spec, and again after driving for some time.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Just to clarify the track width is not wider up front…it’s 66.9” front and rear. The rear has more camber so the rear wheels look like they’re tucked in more. A simple rear camber change to -.5° will make them fit the wheel wells the same as the front.

Zed

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
"A simple rear camber change to -.5° will make them fit the wheel wells the same as the front. "
Is there a downside to this?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
"A simple rear camber change to -.5° will make them fit the wheel wells the same as the front. "
Is there a downside to this?
Nope…although I’ve been playing with mine more and I’m recommending now to go for -1°
I did some measuring and on my car that’s closer to dead even front to rear.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Anyone try the H&R spacers that steeda sells?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Here’s mine with Steeda 1.25” spacers on the rear only, as well as Steeda springs. Didn’t like the idea of cutting studs, and 1.25’s on the front poked out a little farther than I liked so I ended up with this.
49CF2524-0290-41B4-9EFD-3ABAC6050A60.jpeg 1CAC694F-78A0-4895-B12F-049BCDD73B9A.jpeg 7C2D3E71-C67E-40D1-B40A-1F3CF5A3F646.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
spacer in the rear fit me just fine here. having a bit of the push out in the back accomplished the look i was after without the extra cost.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I swear if y’all would just do the alignment right you wouldn’t need a spacer at all. The track width is identical front to rear. Set the rear camber at -1° and the tires will match front to rear with no spacer needed if that’s all you’re after. Then you also don’t have spacers on the car that most large chain tire shops won’t touch when you need tires or a repair.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I swear if y’all would just do the alignment right you wouldn’t need a spacer at all. The track width is identical front to rear. Set the rear camber at -1° and the tires will match front to rear with no spacer needed if that’s all you’re after. Then you also don’t have spacers on the car that most large chain tire shops won’t touch when you need tires or a repair.
Eh. I think for me my time is worh more than taking it in for an alignment as well as the cost of the actual alignment - at least here in california. Also, I didnt got with the typical bora spacer that everyone seems to get here for around $150 for the pair and got my rear Hubcentric spacers for $45. 6000 miles on them, and no issues.

I will probably go with your option once I finally take the time to get the springs installed and an alignment will be required.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Eh. I think for me my time is worh more than taking it in for an alignment as well as the cost of the actual alignment - at least here in california. Also, I didnt got with the typical bora spacer that everyone seems to get here for around $150 for the pair and got my rear Hubcentric spacers for $45. 6000 miles on them, and no issues.

I will probably go with your option once I finally take the time to get the springs installed and an alignment will be required.
There’s zero chance I’d put cheap spacers like that on anything…ever. Some things just aren’t worth risking.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
There’s zero chance I’d put cheap spacers like that on anything…ever. Some things just aren’t worth risking.
yeah I hear ya, but lets me real here - most "high end" tools and products are made in the very same factory as the cheaper alternatives (i.e. The same company that makes Milwaukee tools makes Walmarts Hart line). People like yourself feel spending a lot of money on something means quality, and hey, no shade coming your way, more power to you. Definitely not putting you down for it but these are are one piece of billet aluminum, hardened studs with a nice snug fit around hub. Bora spacers are...one piece of billet aluminum, hardened studs with a nice snug fit around hub for 3 x the price. ‍♂️

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
yeah I hear ya, but lets me real here - most "high end" tools and products are made in the very same factory as the cheaper alternatives (i.e. The same company that makes Milwaukee tools makes Walmarts Hart line). People like yourself feel spending a lot of money on something means quality, and hey, no shade coming your way, more power to you. Definitely not putting you down for it but these are are one piece of billet aluminum, hardened studs with a nice snug fit around hub. Bora spacers are...one piece of billet aluminum, hardened studs with a nice snug fit around hub for 3 x the price. ‍♂️
I’ve yet to see a Bora spacer snap a stud. I’ve seen tons of cheap spacers snap studs. You’re right…lots of things are made in the same place. You’re leaving out that they’re made with no more than the amount of quality the client pays for…they’re not all created the same.
I personally don’t run bolt on spacers…and never will. I prefer a properly fitting wheel.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
I’ve yet to see a Bora spacer snap a stud. I’ve seen tons of cheap spacers snap studs. You’re right…lots of things are made in the same place. You’re leaving out that they’re made with no more than the amount of quality the client pays for…they’re not all created the same.
I personally don’t run bolt on spacers…and never will. I prefer a properly fitting wheel.
agree with you there, definite potential to break as you stated and much better idea to run a better offset wheel to compensate. BMW seems to do that well with their wheel placement to the the fender.