Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Any kill stories yet?

Reactions
Just had a friendly run with a Trailblazer SS today, was waiting at the light to get onto the highway and a guy pulls up next to me and starts checking out my Explorer. Light turns green and the guy floors it trying to overtake me onto the highway, so I punched it as well. Easily passed him up and forcing him to get back behind me, he pulls up next to me a gives me a thumbs up.[lovest]

Anyone else have any stories to share?

Kaycott88

Reactions
People constantly think I'm a cop so when I get behind them they slam on the breaks and do 10 under. Super annoying lol

merco

Reactions
People constantly think I'm a cop so when I get behind them they slam on the breaks and do 10 under. Super annoying lol
My story about this subject: I had a 2017 Black Explorer Sport before getting the ST. I live in CA, so in the three years had that Black Sport, I got super frustrated at drivers thinking I was CHP. Countless times I would follow a car that was driving fast, only to have the guy slow way down when he saw me following. I would yell out to myself, "I'm not a cop; speed up"! I got to the point that when thinking about replacing my Explorer Sport, I said "never again" to an Explorer. One of the main reasons was the cop confusion. Then Ford announced the ST, and I said, "damn you, Ford, for producing this game-changing performance SUV". Now I'm going to have to re-consider getting another Explorer.
So here I am with an ST and have experienced the same driver slow down. I did get White deliberately to help differentiate myself from all the Black cop Explorers. But recently I've seen White Police Explorers too. So I don't think the White is helping my cause. To make matters worse yesterday, I saw a new 2020 Police Interceptor Explorer in Black in downtown Redwood City. So the Police are starting to take delivery of their new rides. It looked a lot like an ST from a distance because of the Back rims...

Last edited:

kgRN

Reactions
I do like how everyone gets to the right lane and clears out the left lane when they see me coming up :LOL:

HTRon

Reactions
Man, you guys are lucky...I even have black, and not a single person gets out of my way!
:confused:
:)

Reactions
I have a similar story. I had a 2016 Explorer Sport in Magnetic Metallic Gray. Absolutely loved it and the color. In the Fall of 2017, the Pennsylvania State Police announced they were changing the color of all of their patrol cars and Explorers to the exact same Granite Gray. Everyone thought I was a cop to the point where it was annoying. I even saw an Explorer last Fall that had a sticker on the rear window that said - Not a Cop. I passed him and he gave me a thumbs up and with a simple head nod, we were both on the same page. That's why I went with white for my 2020 ST. :giggle:

Last edited:
Reactions
I have to take a pic. Mine's star white/black and I have a Veteran plate. I picked one with the USAF seal on the left, and the word Vietnam under it. If you haven't seen one, it "looks" official, and most move over.
I've always been first off the lights, and most give up within 20 ft. A couple of Dodge pickups made me keep my foot in it until 60, but were no-contest.
Looking for a Durango........yeah, I know....but if the dude (or dudette) isn't really committed at "go", I might have a chance.

STO

Reactions
Coming from a SHO I'm used to it, it's actually funny watching the way people drive when they see it, especially if you don't pass them right away

CapTom

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I have to take a pic. Mine's star white/black and I have a Veteran plate. I picked one with the USAF seal on the left, and the word Vietnam under it. If you haven't seen one, it "looks" official, and most move over.
I've always been first off the lights, and most give up within 20 ft. A couple of Dodge pickups made me keep my foot in it until 60, but were no-contest.
Looking for a Durango........yeah, I know....but if the dude (or dudette) isn't really committed at "go", I might have a chance.
Welcome home, Brother. Thank you for your service.