Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Another New Owner

Reactions
Hi, I just took delivery of a new ST built in August 2020. Prior car was a 2020 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Wagon and I was looking for performance but more importantly handling. The ST handles very well, although there's no forgetting the fact that it's almost two feet taller than my old wagon. However, two minutes in the ST convinced me that at my age, I shouldn't really get crazy. This is the car for me!

I bought the car in VA and had it driven to CT. No issues at all with the purchase or delivery.

I was able to update the software connected to the house Wi-Fi. Although it appears to be a spinning wheel, every few seconds a very brief message flashes on the screen. I think it's a display of which module was updated to which version. Regardless, it worked and shows current as of today.

Lots of things I miss like passive locking when I walk away from the car. Recognizing which key you have and adjusting seats to the key rather than to where it was shut off last. I don't think using MyKey will fix these concerns. Also, the car always starts in normal mode. This could be tied to the key and should be.

As I get used to the car I'm sure there will be other minor grievances, however the most important thing, handling and acceleration are 100% in my book.

I'm looking forward to tweaking this beauty.

Reactions
Congrats and welcome from another owner in the Tri-State!

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Thanks! Doh! I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that I had it delivered to CT. It was delivered to NY where I live. Although I have a soft spot in my heart for CT as I grew up there.

OHST

Reactions
Welcome and congratulations

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
August 2020 ...that's sweet. Fresh from the factory. Congrats.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for all the nice messages. I've installed black lug nuts and locks. Black and red Ford logos on the way, rear floor mat, to make it look the part that much better.

I guess I'll be ready to tackle Forscan pretty soon as there are a few things I want to customize. I have the connector and a Windows 10 tablet that successfully read all the data. I just need to grow a set of b..s to try and write instead of just read.

I am interested in some of the tuning options as I've seen some pretty impressive numbers. I am curious as to how much HP the engine produces at dead stock with regular gas as opposed to premium. With significant retarding of timing I have to assume it would not be insignificant.