Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

And not one dent….

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Got caught in this north of Dallas today…lots of golf ball size stuff mixed in and not a single dent. Took this pic about 30 minutes after the storm passed.
IMG_0566.jpeg

hbalek

Reactions
Got caught in this north of Dallas today…lots of golf ball size stuff mixed in and not a single dent. Took this pic about 30 minutes after the storm passed.
View attachment 17933
I wish I could say the same thing about my 2020 ST, when it was just 10 months old, it got rained on by my neighbor's tree's acorns in my driveway. It left several dings in my hood. I was so upset! The following year the neighbor had the tree pruned and no more acorns!

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
View attachment 17933
Wow! That is every car guys nightmare. Got caufht in a storm like that on our GT500, held our breath until we luckily found a gas station.

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST PHEV MY22
View attachment 17933
You lucked out man! Never had anything of that kind of hail here, largest was maybe the size of 2 peas

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Shocked you had no damage! Fortunate for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I was at texas heatwave (a huge summer car show in Austin) a couple decades ago in my C5. There was a freak storm with heavy winds, rain, and hail. Everyone freaked…of course…but, I didn’t. My ride was made of fiberglass. Lol.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
A former boss bought a white Econoline 350 window van years ago - it had been SERIOUSLY damaged by a hail storm. We called it "The Golf ball". It ran great, just looked wounded. He probably put 200K on it.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
On a side note, I saw a paintless dent repair fix a car with 40 plus big dents from golf ball sized hail. I could not really tell it had been damaged after he was done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I dread that situation!

Reactions
View attachment 17933
You are damn lucky! Before the S/T we had a dually pickup. Thunderstorm rolled through with golfball size hail. After the carnage I counted over 60 dents, the insurance adjuster counted over 80, the paintless dent guy found 104! There were 56 in the roof alone! Luckily insurance paid for it....over $5800!

FYI near San Antonio about 4 years ago.

AkD3ntFix

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
18 year 2nd generation PDR tech here.. if anyone needs a referral regionally or wants to know more about the repair process and procedures. I have no problem helping out with that