Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Aluminum pedal overlay

Reactions
Found these on Amazon and ordered. They’re really nice. Stupid easy to install and look great!

Hecotrax for Ford Explorer 2020 Aluminum Performance Pedals Set Non-Slip Accelerator and Brake Pedals Cover No Drill Brake Gas Accelerator Accessories (ST) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MT5MC4...abc_6Y827CT92HQ0X4WG4PB2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Go to set myself. Like the look. Tip: let the brake peddle sit in hot tap water to soften up the rubber. Otherwise a little bit of a "stretch" to get it on.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Brake pedal definitely took a little wrestling to get on

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Are they any more grippy than OEM?
I would say yes

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
I'll give them a shot!
Give it a whirl! It’s a cheap upgrade that I think looks really cool (and almost OEM) and if you buy on Amazon - free returns!

Reactions
I also have these and find them to be fantastic. Build quality is very good and they seem to be quite secure on the pedals themselves.

Reactions
Just got mine today. Brake pedal was a B to put on but driver side went on almost too easy. So far, everything seems secure and they look and feel great!

Last edited:

KegsBdry

Reactions
30 secs for the accelerator pedal & 9.5 mins for the break pedal.

But looks way better!!!

KegsBdry

Reactions
I also have these and find them to be fantastic. Build quality is very good and they seem to be quite secure on the pedals themselves.
I worried the pedals would not be secure but they seem to do the trick. Definitely an easy upgrade for cheap.

Reactions
Mine just arrived. I went with the Silver and Red Explorer lettering. They look and feel better than I thought they would based on the Amazon pics.

Rmans911

Reactions
The overlays fit perfectly and provide more surface area for your foot. Definitely a must-have, cheap and simple upgrade.

Reactions
So i had the alum. gas pedal cover pop off during an attempted 0-60 run this morning. I had a feeling the fit was a bit too loose (esp. compared to the brake pedal cover which is super snug). Can anyone else jiggle/wobble their alum. gas pedal cover a bit?

Reactions
So i had the alum. gas pedal cover pop off during an attempted 0-60 run this morning. I had a feeling the fit was a bit too loose (esp. compared to the brake pedal cover which is super snug). Can anyone else jiggle/wobble their alum. gas pedal cover a bit?
I haven't noticed it being loose, but I'll try to remember to check the next time I got out to the vehicle. Maybe some thin rubber mat or spacers would help with a tighter fit? When the gas pedal was just a slip over the top I was kinda wondering how well it would stay in place with time.

Explorer ST Posts