Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Air Conditioner

Reactions
Does anyone have an issue to where the air conditioner is on (auto), everything is fine and comfortable inside the car, when suddenly the temperature gets noticeably colder for no reason. It gets so cold that I have to temporarily readjust the temperature.

Reactions
Is your recirculate mode turning itself on? Mine turns on by itself occasionally.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Have not noticed the recirculate mode turn itself on. Generally, I have it on anyway.

Reactions
i never noticed that, but i usually only use Full AC.
what i have noticed is, when switching from max defrost to AC, it doesnt switch the vents. i stays on defrost, and goes by the fan speed of the button rather than full blast.

rnc

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I have experienced a situation several times recently where I have the AC “off” and the temp set to “LO”, and not on “recirculate”, to bring cool fresh air in from the outside on these cooler days. Unexpectedly the air from the vents gets really cool/cold and there is no sign the AC is on, yet it feels like it. Haven’t yet figured out what is going on.