Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Aftermarket Downpipes w/ stock exhaust

Reactions
Is anyone running aftermarket Downpipes w/ the stock exhaust? If so, please share your experience with this setup. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Manley00

Reactions
I’m up in the air about this, I’ve got a straight piped VR30DDTT… it’s loud. My neighbors to the left and right are in their 70s in a well established gated golf community… I go to the gym at 4am. I feel terrible everytime I crank it.

I want the benefits of the downpipes on the ST. My brain is telling my to run and electric cutout at the merge from the DPs. I would tune wide open. I hope at some point HpTuners can do map switching on the fly like my ECUTEK.

Regardless, I’m enjoying the quiet. I don’t think I’d ever throw DPs on without 3” back from them. Defeats the entire purpose. You would get a bit more growl, nothing considerable as far as power or time tho. I’ve seen others here states with DPs and full exhaust they pickup 3 tenths of a second. So, not sure it’s worth it.

I’d save the money for HPFP and Injectors. Run full E85. Not loud, but fast!