Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

After Recal of Rear Axel

BALAWI89

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST 2022
Dear ST’s Proud owners,

This my very first post/comment in this wonderful forum, finally I got my ST 22’ Red color and sadly after the first 500KM I had a call from my local dealer notifying my about the recall 22N06 & 22S27, then I visited the Dealer and they checked the Parking Break thing, and they told that every thing is fine and there is no need to update the PC system or replacing any parts, knowing that I have only 3 bolts from the factory.

Now, should I expect any risk on the car from the kick acceleration such as 0 to 60, should I install any supporting brackets? if so, what is the best type available?

One more thing, I am living in the middle east, and as the rear climate control is missing and it is not available in my country at all. Can anyone help to find it in any online guaranteed shops.

Thank you all, and stay safe.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I'd install supports. Never hurts.

butt_yodel

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
A few of us have gotten rear controls from Tascaparts.com.
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-control-lb5z19980h?c=bD0xJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM=

I wouldn't worry much about the rear axle bolt unless you're going to add a lot of power to the engine. In that case, a brace isn't a bad idea.

Cheapest option: https://hellhorseperformance.com/products/fenfabrication-diffy-stiffy-brace-2020-2023-explorer-st
2022-12-27-1404.png

Next best: https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...s/awr-racing-rear-diff-mount-2020-explorer-st
I have this one, I think it's the best compromise for the price.
2022-12-27-1403.png

Expensive: https://idspeedshop.com/id-speed-2020-explorer-st-rear-diff-brace/
Probably the most effective.

2022-12-27-1405.png

Really cool to see ST's out in the Middle East. What's the American car market like out there?

OP
B

BALAWI89

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST 2022
Thread Starter #4
Thank alot for the reply
I tried the tascapatrs but unfortunately my order has been canceled, however i will try again since you have recommended the shop
and for the support I will take the same like u.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I hate to seem to pick on a vendor but....the Diffy Stiffy is not a viable alternative. Buy the AWR or the ID Speed depending on your budget.

Reactions
I never got a recall notice. Something came lose and horrible grinding from the diff. Dealer said that some bolts had sheared off and the driveshaft, both half shafts and the diff housing need to be replaced. Possibly the sub frame also. Thank God for warranty.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I never got a recall notice. Something came lose and horrible grinding from the diff. Dealer said that some bolts had sheared off and the driveshaft, both half shafts and the diff housing need to be replaced. Possibly the sub frame also. Thank God for warranty.
Be sure to check and see which sub frame they plan on installing (if it is required) as it seems that some people have gotten the four bolt during the rebuild and others only received a replacement of the three bolt that came with the vehicle. If they plan on only putting a three bolt back in, you may want to push for the four bolt or see how much more it would cost to get the better sub frame. if they don’t plan on replacing the sub frame, still would be worth asking how much to get a four bolt installed as they’ll be most of the way there when fixing the other parts. Good luck!

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
No need for anything unless you plan on tuning and driving the piss out of it all the time. Imo.

SPI Racing

Reactions
Well the bolt broke. It took out the diff housing, subframe, half shafts, drive shaft and transfer case rea seal. Only 11k miles. Thank God for warranty.
I got the 4 bolt sub frame. I just got it back today.

Now shifting subjects. Tell me where to go.
1, How do I get the back up camera to go full screen? Its only 1/6 or 1/3 of the teleprompter.:(
2. In normal drive mode, there is no tach, any way to turn it on, or have the race mode cluster up with it not in race mode?
Thanks

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
1. You can’t. You can click the zoom button it’ll fill the top half. But can’t have it do that by default.
2. You can add a tach. It’s in the settings on the cluster screen. Forget exactly where.

2020FordRaptor

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
2. In normal drive mode, there is no tach, any way to turn it on, or have the race mode cluster up with it not in race mode?
Thanks
If you go to Menu, Scroll down to Gauge settings, click on it, and there should be an option to show tachometer.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
To be clear, doing this shows the small vertical tach on the side of the gauges. The only way to get the big tach is if it is in Sport Mode.

Reactions
To be clear, doing this shows the small vertical tach on the side of the gauges. The only way to get the big tach is if it is in Sport Mode.
Funny thing is, the standard explorer, has a tach and speedo standard view like the ST does in race mode. Ford has retards for engineers.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Ford has retards for engineers.
That's a blanket statement. Which is not true. Otherwise we won't be having this st/forum/discussion.

Agree that who ever did the UI/HMI for the portrait screen didn't do a good job. I suspect this might be a sub contracted work from Ford, like all other OEMs do.

Regards,
An automotive engineer/designer (not Ford)