Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Advice on a tune

badger.st

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Greetings everyone!
I have a ‘22 ST with some after market upgrades done to it:
IC
Exhaust
Mid-Pipe
Downpipe
Springs
Rear Diff Mount
Sway Bar
Front Strut Brace
Cold Air Intake

I’m looking to do a tune next but would like some advice since there are a couple options out there. Has anyone gone with the Ford tune with the same upgrades? Any/all feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
As soon as you changed all of those items (not the handling ones), you pretty much gave up on the FP tune. Get a custom tune from ZFG and enjoy.

OP
badger.st

badger.st

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Thank you! Should I tune it right away with those upgrades or would I be able to wait?

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Read this thread....
https://www.explorerst.org/threads/hard-launch-transmission-disengages.4379/post-57241

This is what happens under high load conditions without the appropriate tuning. The ECU tuning will compensate for a lot, but with the mods you describe, torque spikes are in your future. And those could be damaging. Why spend several thousand dollars on modifications without spending money to capitalize on them?

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Greetings everyone!
I have a ‘22 ST with some after market upgrades done to it:
IC
Exhaust
Mid-Pipe
Downpipe
Springs
Rear Diff Mount
Sway Bar
Front Strut Brace
Cold Air Intake

I’m looking to do a tune next but would like some advice since there are a couple options out there. Has anyone gone with the Ford tune with the same upgrades? Any/all feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Welf8me to the forym!

Explorer ST Posts