Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Adjustable swaybar end links complete.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Finally got my adjustable sway bar end link project done. With the roughly 1.5” drop from the H&R coils my goal was to move the bar ends the same amount. The shortest rear link I could find will only let me adjust it 1”...close enough. The front I got the full 1.5” but I do NOT recommend it unless you can find a 11.5” center/center end link with a 1/2” diameter stud. You could make it happen with heim joints but I didn’t want the NVH increase that comes with them. The closest I could get was 12mm so I machined some spacers to tighten it up and had to drill out the frame and swaybar holes big enough to fit the spacers....not an easy task with a hardened swaybar. I burned up some expensive bits making it happen. The rear bar uses 10mm studs and the PN in the pic is a drop in replacement.
I’m just a glutton for punishment and had to fight through it. Before anyone asks this is not required...I just like to play.

6908DA44-AFB1-4384-8BAB-AD3DBF0AE7DF.jpeg BA49C05E-D3D4-4906-B389-E9ABEAB598D4.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Do you notice any difference?
I doubt I will...it’s just an OCD thing for me. I honestly haven’t driven it 30 miles since I put them on.