Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

AC Control Module

JohnD

Reactions
After several trips to dealership, they finally concluded my AC control module on my ST was bad. Symptoms were irregular fan speeds, recirculation mode no working correctly, temp control not working/accurate. Took 10 days to get the part.

Nmonj

Reactions
Did your auto recirc button just automatically turn off? What was the fix?

OP
J

JohnD

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
The recirc mode along with the auto fan speed was not working properly. they ended up replacing the AC control module of which there was only ONE (1) available in the US. had to wait a while but it was taken care of. not real happy with the vehicle. Horrible launch of a nearly $60k vehicle. Just received my 2nd recall to add insult to injury. Hopefully we have the bug shaken out and we can enjoy some trouble free time with this SUV.

Tony L

Reactions
The recirc mode along with the auto fan speed was not working properly. they ended up replacing the AC control module of which there was only ONE (1) available in the US. had to wait a while but it was taken care of. not real happy with the vehicle. Horrible launch of a nearly $60k vehicle. Just received my 2nd recall to add insult to injury. Hopefully we have the bug shaken out and we can enjoy some trouble free time with this SUV.
Can you add any other details to your problem? I believe I have the same issue. Recir button doesn't stay on, weird fans speeds, and temp issues. Cant seem to get heat to work any anything other than the defrost vents either.

Nmonj

Reactions
Ditto, elaborate on the recirc button issue. Mine wont stay on for more than 5 minutes(very frustrating). Also, wont stay on if defrost is the only selection main, but will stay on if I use feet, face and defrost. Lastly, it shuts off whenever I press AUTO, but I can turn it back on as soon as I'm in AUTO.