Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

A little frustrated

Jarsa3oh3

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
So in September of this year we picked up our 2022 explorer ST. Given the chip shortage we were told that the foot liftgate option would be deleted, the heated seat controls, and the heated seats for the rear would not be in. The massage chairs would also not be coming. As much as I wanted all of these features, I was able to look past that and still receive the vehicle. Now that I have only vehicle for a few months, I have noticed that it did not come with park assist which is an option. Ford is now saying that you have to add which I swear when I ordered it in February it said it was part of the technology package. Mine also does not have the camera washers installed in it. I took it to the dealer thinking maybe it was hooked up wrong or something and they informed me that it wasn’t even put in from the factory. Apparently it is quite a pain in the ass to install once the car is built. Now I’m having to talk to the actual Ford factory to see if I can get something done. Has anyone else had any experience like this and if so, how did you do it and what was the experience like talking to the Ford factory?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Front camera washer was gone in 2021. Rear window washer seems to be something more recent.

OP
J

Jarsa3oh3

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Front camera washer was gone in 2021. Rear window washer seems to be something more recent.
Really well I appreciate that information that I did not know. They do not seem to be handing out credits for it. Did anyone else get one in 2022 without park assist?

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Reactions
Front camera washer? I have a 2020 and never knew this was a feature! How do you go about activating it?

OP
J

Jarsa3oh3

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
Front camera washer? I have a 2020 and never knew this was a feature! How do you go about activating it?
Use you windshield washer and it should automatically clean both front and rear cameras. At least that’s how it worked on my 2016 platinum

Reactions
They go on automatically when you wash the windshield. This is why they burn through washer fluid insanely fast.

Reactions
Well this all now makes sense. I was wondering why I am constantly filling up the reservoir.

Reactions
I am not so sure that the camera washers use that much fluid as it just barely bubbles out.

Reactions
I am not so sure that the camera washers use that much fluid as it just barely bubbles out.
Maybe on yours..... mine is like a constant spray bottle spray on both the front and back, u may have a clogged line.

Reactions
Well this all now makes sense. I was wondering why I am constantly filling up the reservoir.
I thought I had a hole in my reservoir at first, I kept checking for puddles under truck.

Reactions
Maybe on yours..... mine is like a constant spray bottle spray on both the front and back, u may have a clogged line.
Maybe that is a good thing, but it seems to work well for me. I have driven 31,000 km in 2 years and have filled the washer fluid reservoir twice so far. Obviously not using a lot of fluid. I used to have an old GMC that pumped out six squirts every time you pressed the wash button and it only had a 1.5 to 2 litre reservoir and that emptied pretty quickly on a snowy day. We are spoiled with a 5 litre reservoir that can take a whole jug when filled.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Really well I appreciate that information that I did not know. They do not seem to be handing out credits for it. Did anyone else get one in 2022 without park assist?
I assumed I got it when I purchased a 401a package like my old limited. Did not even look for the option. Guess it was moved to its own stand alone option. Shady.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I don't know how big our reservoirs are but I know the first time I filled up I poured one full gallon in it. I didn't look to see now far down it was. That's bigger than my other vehicles have been.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I don't know how big our reservoirs are but I know the first time I filled up I poured one full gallon in it. I didn't look to see now far down it was. That's bigger than my other vehicles have been.
I had the low washer fluid light come on last night. When I got home went to fill it and it held a gallon no problem. Owners manual says fill as needed for capacity. That helps a lot. :LOL: