Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

650 awhp and 650 ft-lbs!

Reactions
Check out this 2022 Explorer ST putting down a casual 650 awhp on pump E85 (75% ethanol on the gauge). This dyno data was taking during the development of the stage 3 injectors Nostrum High Performance! Nostrum stage 3 package are back in stock and ready to ship at runzfg.com!

Performance Mods:
ZFG E85 Tune
Stage 5 CRP Turbos
Built Transmission (Raybestos Clutches)
Nostrum HPFP and stage 3 injectors
NGK Spark Plugs
AFE Intake
CVF Intercooler
SPD Downpipes
Lethal 2.5” midpipe
Borla S Type Catback
FenFab Charge pipe and BOV

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Those are some nice numbers. Do you see a large difference between e50 and e85?

WFO-TSi

Reactions
Vehicle
Not Yet
@ZFGracing what's causing the nose-dive in torque? Is that due to reaching the choke point on the stage 5 compressor wheels? Or maybe the potential improvements to be made on the exhaust manifold side of the head that you hinted at in an earlier post :unsure:

Either way, thanks for continuing to push the envelope on the ST!

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Wow, HP & T numbers are impressive.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Looks like increasing exhaust diameter really doesn't add much, If anything at all! from what I have been reading. With 650awhp with 2.5" diameter is impressive. I'm still learning.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
I’m running almost identical mods- fen fab intake and xdi Evo fuel pump and 2.5inch straight pipe from spd down pipes Is only difference - RSA rebuild in 2weeks and pro meth kit on the way. I’m gonna be upgrading my tune to the e85 comp tune and throw it on the dyno soon.. 93 DMS tune straight mooooves - the e50 tune with this set up is absurd. Can’t wait to add meth and see if we can get more with 85% ethanol!! Those are great #s!!! Love it

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
@ZFGracing what's causing the nose-dive in torque? Is that due to reaching the choke point on the stage 5 compressor wheels? Or maybe the potential improvements to be made on the exhaust manifold side of the head that you hinted at in an earlier post :unsure:

I thought it was because full torque and full HP usually occur at different points along the RPM band. It looks like a good crossover point wherein the torque hands the job right over to the HP. Between the 2 of them, you've got a good linear source of power from 3k to 6.5k.

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
I’m running almost identical mods- fen fab intake and xdi Evo fuel pump and 2.5inch straight pipe from spd down pipes Is only difference - RSA rebuild in 2weeks and pro meth kit on the way. I’m gonna be upgrading my tune to the e85 comp tune and throw it on the dyno soon.. 93 DMS tune straight mooooves - the e50 tune with this set up is absurd. Can’t wait to add meth and see if we can get more with 85% ethanol!! Those are great #s!!! Love it
The xdi evo pump isn't large enough for big turbos. It needs to be a hpfp-60 or the nostrum pump.

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #9

Everything, running out of exhaust housing flow, getting high up on the compressor map, running out of cams, running out of fuel pump on e85 etc.

Torque falling off like that is pretty characteristic of an EcoBoost and any "small" turbo setup. I'm definitely hoping to have some bigger turbos in the near future that can carry that 650 foot pounds further out into the Power Band!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
The xdi evo pump isn't large enough for big turbos. It needs to be a hpfp-60 or the nostrum pump.

Was getting ready to upgrade to Stage 5 turbos on 93DMS and an IC. Does this mean I need a bigger than stock fuel pump or can I run as is?
If I need the bigger pump, does that mean I need injectors too?

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Was getting ready to upgrade to Stage 5 turbos on 93DMS and an IC. Does this mean I need a bigger than stock fuel pump or can I run as is?
If I need the bigger pump, does that mean I need injectors too?
You can run 93 octane on the stock pump and the bigger turbos eventually the pump will become a limiting factor but with 93 the fuel is kind of the limiting factor anyway.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST

noted! - it looks the 60 and nostrum are basically same specs - nostrum looks more cost effective - which would you prefer?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST

@ZFGracing
If I add a pro meth kit do I need to let you know and upgrade the tune? ( I’m the idiot behind order 11848 lol) bumpy road but you’ve been beyond patient and helpful as has the girls behind the sales@zfg emails.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Good progress.

Careful though, you may need a parachute to slow you down :)

hehehe

OP
ZFGracing
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
@ZFGracing
If I add a pro meth kit do I need to let you know and upgrade the tune? ( I’m the idiot behind order 11848 lol) bumpy road but you’ve been beyond patient and helpful as has the girls behind the sales@zfg emails.
You should yes.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
You can run 93 octane on the stock pump and the bigger turbos eventually the pump will become a limiting factor but with 93 the fuel is kind of the limiting factor anyway.

Ok. My plan is to go with the Stage 5 CRPs with downpipes on 93, then in the future, go with the pump, injectors and an E85 tune.
Does that sound plausible?