Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

3" Downpipes With Magnaflow Exhaust #19515

F=MA

Reactions
Anyone here have 3" downpipes paired with the Magnaflow exhaust system #19515? Any sound clips? Any photos? I like the sound of the Magnaflow system but want to make sure the downpipes do not make it sound like a tractor.

OP
F=MA

F=MA

Reactions
Thread Starter #2
I have since purchased both the FenFabrication 3" downpipes and the Magnaflow exhaust system #19515 so I may end up being the first one with this combo of exhaust. FenFab says the two will fit together with a slip connection and no modifications.

If anyone is running the Magnaflow exhaust system #19515 please post rear photos of the system installed.

Reactions
I have the 3in SPD down pipes and the 19515. The sound is really good. Sadly I do not have a decent video sorry. AAAB5A6F-5AAD-4445-BCE8-06DB44B3F72B.jpeg 535706F8-32DA-4E3F-AEF2-E7A05A1FA530.jpeg Everyone that hears it loves it. Interior is a little loud for my liking I am working on sound deadening now. Over all thought I am very pleased.

OP
F=MA

F=MA

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
(y)

OP
F=MA

F=MA

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Can you record a remote startup with your phone from the rear of the vehicle?

Reactions
Sorry I just saw your reply. I will do that when I get home from work.

Reactions
I am curious to hear it too!! Pulled the trigger on the same SPD downpipes and magnaflow exhaust! Shop said parts will take a few weeks but they should have me all upgraded by end of February! Yours looks awesome! And after now seeing them on another explorer I am even more excited now!

OP
F=MA

F=MA

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Maybe he works 24 hour shifts?:unsure: Still here waiting.:sleep: Hope he comes back.:oops: He is the key to all our faulty decision making.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
OP
F=MA

F=MA

Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Awesome still like it !! Thanks !!

Reactions
Haha sorry guys.. I’m in VA and it was raining like hell yesterday..
That rev up crackle or however to describe that sound is amazing. Now I’m torn between thermal and this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I have the 3in SPD down pipes and the 19515. The sound is really good. Sadly I do not have a decent video sorry. View attachment 3662 View attachment 3661 Everyone that hears it loves it. Interior is a little loud for my liking I am working on sound deadening now. Over all thought I am very pleased.
Didn’t realize the MF on the pipes were in yellow. Come that way?

OP
F=MA

F=MA

Reactions
Thread Starter #13
May be etched metal, white or gray. Don't have them yet but they are not yellow according to the attached video.

Reactions
May be etched metal, white or gray. Don't have them yet but they are not yellow according to the attached video.

I thought so! My eyes must be going. The MF in the pic above seems yellow to me. Thx.

OP
F=MA

F=MA

Reactions
Thread Starter #15
So has anybody recorded a downpipe installation video to help capture all the finer moments involved?

Last edited:
Reactions
The MF is laser etched.. Kind of a pewter color. That’s the one thing I’m not a fan of.

Reactions
The MF is laser etched.. Kind of a pewter color. That’s the one thing I’m not a fan of.
I love the look and the sound! Really excited to get mine done now! I have some more questions if you don't mind?! Is your explorer lowered? If so how is the muffler pipes with the ground clearance. Yes there is still distance from the road to your pipes but the magnaflow looks as if it hangs lower around the rear springs than the thermal and borla kits and I am curious if you noticed anything from bumps to scraps?

Thanks

OP
F=MA

F=MA

Reactions
Thread Starter #19
Lowered with H&R springs and Borla S-Type exhaust.
IMG_0321.JPG

Reactions
I am lowered with H&R. I have not had any issues yet. Places I’ve been I don’t foresee an issue either.