Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

3.0 dimensions

Freelivin

Reactions
Does anyone have actual dimensions of the 3.0 in the ST. Cant seem to find it anywhere on the internet.

Need it to see if it cant fit in my sand car.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
29x21x14x32 It can't not fit in your sand car unless you never don't fit it not.

OP
F

Freelivin

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Hmmm. Maybe anyone else?

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
LOL, I thought you were posting to be funny (sand car, ha ha) so I responded in kind. But since you seem to be serious, what dimensions? With turbos or not? How about exhaust and intake manifolds, fuel pump, turbo piping, radiator, etc, etc, etc. What trans would you use- do you need an adapter plate to an existing trans? Is this a transverse setup or not? Might you need room for an ecu, factory or aftermarket? It's like asking how high is up?

OP
F

Freelivin

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Basically the long block. Radiator, fuel pump and even turbos will have to be repiped/ rearranged. Exhaust will be custom headers and intercooler is a maybe if i can pipe it in and be reasonable with the fit. Adapter plate ecu trans those are all things that i can take care of. Dont need anyone to build my car for me just need long block dimensions.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
you find a totaled ST on Copart or something? Why a 3.0L EB for a sand rail? Seems like an odd selection... Just put an LS in and call it a day.

Reactions
Cool Idea. I’ve seen a 3.5 eco in a sand rail and a airboat. Both were happy with the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F

Freelivin

Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Want it to be ford powered. Coyote motor is just to large for my existing platform. If i can get this 3.0 to slip right in with some minor fab i would do it. Coyote will take quite a bit of fab work and car is complete so fabrication/powder coating not something i want to go through unless i have to.

OP
F

Freelivin

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Ive seen some STs with 500+ hp with tunes and maybe turbo upgrades with stock internals.

Reactions
might be easier, and cheaper, to drop in a Coyote engine. MUCH more aftermarket and tuning support on that platform as well.