Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2nd Row Bench to Captain Chair conversion?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Anyone converted from 2nd row bench to captain? From what I can see, its just a console and chairs in the same spots as the bench. The dealership ordered two ST's that were my exact config, one bench and one 2nd row captain seats. The captain seats sold the day before I got there (sold and not even delivered yet) so I bought the second one (pics in the new comer thread) with the bench seats before it was delivered too... waited a few weeks for delivery. I love my ST, but would love two captain chairs more... found a set on ebay with heated seats like my bench for under $600...

Reactions
Plenty of topics regarding this, long story short, no, it cannot be done. The frame points are different between both.

OP
mharris1984
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
I did a search and didn't find any. Thank you for letting me know. I was hoping it was the same and just the brackets were different. Dealership had two identical ST's coming with the exact config we wanted and only difference was 2nd row captain chairs and bench. The captain one sold the day before (was not at the dealer yet, still being built), and so we said okay and took the bench seat one. Since our kid is now 20, we have no need for a bench in the back and will be all adults in the car, so 2nd row captain would be amazing.

But at least I got the A/C control panel delivered finally after buying it 4 weeks ago, lol. So the 2nd row heated seats now work! So that is a plus :).