Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2nd row bench option

Mois

Reactions
Has anyone ordered their ST with a second row bench?

Reactions
Yes I have - haven't received it yet of course but that's how I ordered it. Dog owner life.

Also, enjoying the irony of the fact that bench seats used to be standard and buckets/captain's chairs were a paid-for upgrade, and now the captain's chairs are standard and I have to pay for the bench seat. Heh.

BlueBeast

Reactions
Yes mine has it... it was a requirement for us with 3 kids and 4 dogs... we almost always have the 3rd row down. The only problem was when ordering all weather mats for it I had to trim the third row mat as I could only find a set for 2nd row captain chairs.

Reactions
First post here. Longtime performance car guy and have been on sites like SVTPerformance and a couple others for 20+ years. Other toy is a very modified 2003 Cobra.

Picked up my ST last week after six years of owning a '14 Explorer Sport. Liked the last one just fine (although just a big Taurus SHO), but really like the ST. For anyone buying one, the Tech & Street packs are a must. Also acquired one with a second row bench since the big gap between looks like Ford forgot something. My '14 had buckets, but a full-size console was available to install for those of us that have no use for the third row.

As an FYI, the bench seats slide forward but apparently don't tumble, so it makes access to the back a little more awkward. Never used the third row in my '14, and most likely won't here either. Glad Ford also added back some under-floor storage space as well - it was a sore spot on the 5th Gen.

On the day I test drove it (purchased the next day).

20200406_145852.jpg

First white vehicle ever. Looks amazing.

20200406_142822.jpg

Reactions
Congrats and great color too!

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats

First post here. Longtime performance car guy and have been on sites like SVTPerformance and a couple others for 20+ years. Other toy is a very modified 2003 Cobra.

Picked up my ST last week after six years of owning a '14 Explorer Sport. Liked the last one just fine (although just a big Taurus SHO), but really like the ST. For anyone buying one, the Tech & Street packs are a must. Also acquired one with a second row bench since the big gap between looks like Ford forgot something. My '14 had buckets, but a full-size console was available to install for those of us that have no use for the third row.

As an FYI, the bench seats slide forward but apparently don't tumble, so it makes access to the back a little more awkward. Never used the third row in my '14, and most likely won't here either. Glad Ford also added back some under-floor storage space as well - it was a sore spot on the 5th Gen.

On the day I test drove it (purchased the next day).

View attachment 558

First white vehicle ever. Looks amazing.

View attachment 559