Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

23 license plate bulbs

jobsi50

Reactions
Vehicle
23 st
So the 23 lenses are different not just release the tab on the right and they drop down like the older ones.
In the pic I release the tab on the right and that only released that side everything else is still attached and will not release any more pressure I put and feels like it’s gonna snap. Does anyone know the trick for these ?

Attachments

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

1709073432606.png

OP
J

jobsi50

Reactions
Vehicle
23 st
Thread Starter #3
Thank you

so when I push the clip in on the right side and it releases I than try to pull down the rest of the lens and it will not come down I put enough pressure on it where it felt like the lens was going to snap. There is something else holding the lens up but I do not see any other clips. I tried on both lenses and it’s the same. I know the older models it was just the clip on the right and it came down.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I can't find anything else out there on the removal, sorry. Maybe someone else with a '23 or newer will chime in.