Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

22 x 11’s

Reactions
If this has been posted or asked already I apologize. Has anyone done 22x11’s on their ST? I was looking at doing the Ferarda Fr2. They have it in a 22x9 as well. I feel like the 11’s will look better just wasn’t sure about if they would work.
thanks

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
11’s are pretty easy out back but if you want them tucked under the fender it’s too much up front IMHO. Depending on the tire used you could get into some rubbing on the struts. 10.5 with a +30-35 offset is perfect for the front.
If you try to cram 11’s under there your offset and tire selection better be perfect.

OP
Chrispw24
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
What size are you running. Wheels and tires?

OP
Chrispw24
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Is yours lowered?

OP
Chrispw24
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Those rims are pretty much identical to the ones I’m looking at.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Yes it’s lowered on H&R springs. These are kinda similar to the FR2 but far from identical. They’re also forged vs cast.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I do a lot of wheel measurement for people here and FB...I think you could pull off an 11 at +30 with a 305/35. A 315/35 would be super close. Either one is gonna stick out past the fender a bit up front and I’m positive the 315 would rub the fender liner when turning. Moving the wheel in further would be super close to the strut on top with a 305...I’m not sure it’ll clear on a 315. With my wheels which are dead flush with the fenders the tire is already close to the strut. I’d have to get under mine and do some measurements before I’d say for sure it’ll fit. It’s just stupid tight with the struts.

OP
Chrispw24
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Got you. I think I’m gonna go with a 10.5. I will have to change to a different wheel. I’m also looking at Brixton Forged wheels. I just want that look for the wheel. I don’t know a lot about wheels and tires and offsets. Yours looks great btw.

Reactions
Got you. I think I’m gonna go with a 10.5. I will have to change to a different wheel. I’m also looking at Brixton Forged wheels. I just want that look for the wheel. I don’t know a lot about wheels and tires and offsets. Yours looks great btw.
I have Brixton Forged M53s on my '17 Z06. I think they look really nice but for a set of 4 wheels they may be around $6,000

My car is one of their featured projects in their gallery.

Z0614.png

ST_Murdered

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
If this has been posted or asked already I apologize. Has anyone done 22x11’s on their ST? I was looking at doing the Ferarda Fr2. They have it in a 22x9 as well. I feel like the 11’s will look better just wasn’t sure about if they would work.
thanks

So, where did you land on the 22X11s? Any traction? I'm also looking at wider is better. I won't even consider 22x9s since @UNBROKEN has already blazed a trail with 22x10.5". So we know that can fit - albeit with spacers. I'd like to give mine a run at 11s without spacers and see what I can fit under there. I'm thinking "autocross" look and feel.

Reactions
So, where did you land on the 22X11s? Any traction? I'm also looking at wider is better. I won't even consider 22x9s since @UNBROKEN has already blazed a trail with 22x10.5". So we know that can fit - albeit with spacers. I'd like to give mine a run at 11s without spacers and see what I can fit under there. I'm thinking "autocross" look and feel.
@UNBROKEN isn’t running spacers

ST_Murdered

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
@UNBROKEN isn’t running spacers
Really?
Look at page one of his build sheet:
"Redline hood struts
McGard spline drive lug nuts
Bumper plugs
AFE drop in air filter
Painted f/r ovals
305/35/22 tires
New TPMS
Billet 1/4” wheel spacers
H&R drop springs
Steering wheel emblem overlay
And one thing I’m gonna keep quiet until it’s painted and installed."

Unless he took them off, he's running them.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Really?
Look at page one of his build sheet:
"Redline hood struts
McGard spline drive lug nuts
Bumper plugs
AFE drop in air filter
Painted f/r ovals
305/35/22 tires
New TPMS
Billet 1/4” wheel spacers
H&R drop springs
Steering wheel emblem overlay
And one thing I’m gonna keep quiet until it’s painted and installed."

Unless he took them off, he's running them.
I can assure you he’s not running them. That’s how the math worked out with the offset the same on all 4 wheels. Then I got it on the alignment rack and figured out I could dial that 1/4” out with a camber adjustment to -.5*
Ive also posted about that extensively.

ST_Murdered

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
That’s how the math worked out with the offset the same on all 4 wheels.
I'm not even sure what that means. If you measured right in the first place you wouldn't have needed the spacers. But help me get this right - you're saying you ended up with 22x10.5 and then you just adjusted camber until they fit without rubbing?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
If you’re not sure what it means I don’t know why you’re questioning my measurements. The rear wheels at factory alignment specs are 1/4” further inset than the front. To run a square wheel set at factory alignment specs and have both ends flush a 1/4” spacer would be needed in the rear. Nobody had done this yet...period. There were some unknowns until I got it on a rack and found a better way to get both ends flush by using the rear camber as a tool. Literally everyone running BC Forged wheels is running my specs so ease up on the “if you had measured right” talk...I measured right. In fact...I measure perfect.
6CAC263C-4C31-4935-9E16-3936A32CB845.jpeg

ST_Murdered

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Okay, have a seat and a sip of whiskey. That was not to get your blood pressure boiling. I meant if you measure once correctly you get the correct results. I didn't know all that other business. I'm new - read my bio it says "New Guy."
Why do you want it all square anyway? Why not simply get all wheels as the factory had them but in a 22x11?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Okay, have a seat and a sip of whiskey. That was not to get your blood pressure boiling. I meant if you measure once correctly you get the correct results. I didn't know all that other business. I'm new - read my bio it says "New Guy."
Why do you want it all square anyway? Why not simply get all wheels as the factory had them but in a 22x11?
The factory wheels are 9” square and I’ve already explained that in this thread.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Because a 22x11 with a 305 series tire doesn't fit up front. So unless you want to run a staggered setup, 10.5 is what you buy. Me and a couple others have mocked this up and unless you feel like trimming your fender liner, it rubs, at any offset, from +25 to +35.