Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

22 Iconic Silver in the driveway!

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Took me about a month of searching to find one I liked that was being sold at sticker price.

Mission Accomplished!

Untitled.jpg

Reactions
Welcome. Love the Silver. If I had to do it again, I'd go with that color

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Thanks mkuluz! The last time I had a silver vehicle was a 2012 Mustang GT.

I really like your gray ST.

S7300033 1024.jpg

Last edited:
OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats and welcome aboard!

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #8
Congrats and welcome aboard!
Thanks a hoot, great to be here!

Reactions
Welcome aboard! I probably should've announced I was here when I joined the forum as well, but oh well! You'll love your new unit.

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
Thanks for the props. And yes, even coming from a decidedly faster Stinger GT AWD I'm having tons of fun with the ST!

Reactions
Thanks for the props. And yes, even coming from a decidedly faster Stinger GT AWD I'm having tons of fun with the ST!
Does the Stinger GT feel that much faster? I believe it ran around a 4.7 0-60 vs 5.2 or so for the ST, both stock. Half a second for sure would make a difference but just curious as I've seen at least one video of a tuned ST waxing a GT.

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
Does the Stinger GT feel that much faster? I believe it ran around a 4.7 0-60 vs 5.2 or so for the ST, both stock. Half a second for sure would make a difference but just curious as I've seen at least one video of a tuned ST waxing a GT.
My Stinger GT AWD was 100% bone stock (as is my ST), and it did feel a decent amount faster. C&D ran to 60mph in 4.6 seconds with their GT AWD, so 6 tenths is noticeable.

Talking tunes, they have them for Stinger's as well! Here's one with a tune/CAI running 12.6's @ 111 mph:

But don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. For a 4,800 lb vehicle the ST moves.(y)

Reactions
Talking tunes, they have them for Stinger's as well! Here's one with a tune/CAI running 12.6's @ 111 mph:

But don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. For a 4,800 lb vehicle the ST moves.(y)
Yea, I'm actually impressed a Stinger can be that fast, but they still look goofy to me and people don't sleep on them like our ST's

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #14
Yea, I'm actually impressed a Stinger can be that fast, but they still look goofy to me and people don't sleep on them like our ST's
I thought the Stinger was one sharp looking ride. KIA nailed the styling with that car and I got many compliments on it as well. As for sleeping, I use a bed ...

Reactions
I thought the Stinger was one sharp looking ride. KIA nailed the styling with that car and I got many compliments on it as well. As for sleeping, I use a bed ...
To each their own! Just happy you got your new ride. I saw some of your posts on here that you were waiting for it and it must be exciting that it is finally here. Where I am located just got absolutely DUMPED on with snow so I won't be getting the summer tires back on for at least a few more weeks. Looking to get the fender trims painted body colour once everything melts again and a Whipple IC install and ZFG tune this year if everything breaks right! Gas prices are especially crazy up here right now though...

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #16
I like all types of vehicles, I just never had an SUV (or even a truck) before now. I owned/raced a dozen different Stangs, had a Taurus SHO, a Fusion Sport, etc. In my youth I had a '69 Mach 1 390, a '69 Nova SS 350, a Datsun 240-Z and a bunch of other cars I can't remember. Lol

Speaking of gas prices, I was averaging 20-21 mpg with my Stinger GT AWD. With 400 miles on the odo, my ST is getting 17-18 mpg so that's not too bad.

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #17
... Speaking of gas prices, I was averaging 20-21 mpg with my Stinger GT AWD. With 400 miles on the odo, my ST is getting 17-18 mpg so that's not too bad.
With just over 2,000 miles on my ST, it nearly matches the Stinger GT's MPG I had. I'm now getting a combined 19.5 MPG.(y)

OP
CareerFiremanGuy

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #19
I know you're in Law Enforcement and everything, but would it be okay if I "borrowed" your 21" wheels and red calipers?

I'll give it back to you someday. Promise.:whistle::sneaky:

Explorer ST Posts