Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2023 explorer ST screen went from 3 options at bottom of screen to 6 options

nickfam33

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Hi All,
I bought my 2023 ST new in December 2023. Since owning the bottom of my screen has always had the 3 options home audio and settings. Every now and then it would switch to 6 options when I started it but it would always go back to the 3. Now it is always at the 6. Now when I want to make a phone call it won't make the call from the steering wheel button. I use Apple car play with an adapter. If I receive a text message I no longer can use voice to reply to the message. Is there anything I can do to change it back to the 3 options? If not how do I get the reply on my text to work using voice and my phone calls to work when I use my button on the steering wheel? I did do the latest update about a month ago and this started happening about a week ago.
Thanks for you help.
Bettyann

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
When the phone is hardwired, you will see three options. When connected by Bluetooth, you’ll see six.

OP
nickfam33

nickfam33

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
When the phone is hardwired, you will see three options. When connected by Bluetooth, you’ll see six.
Thank you!! I'll have to see what changed with my set up.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
This should be in an FAQ list or something

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Thank you!! I'll have to see what changed with my set up.
It’s a drag actually plugging in and unplugging the phone when I’m in and out of the car frequently. I use a cable like this and it saves so much time (and wear & tear on the phone’s usb socket).

kuulaa Magnetic Charging Cable 540° Rotating Magnetic Phone Charger[2-Pack 3FT/3FT] 3 in 1 Magnetic Charger Cable Nylon Braided Magnetic USB Cable for iPhone/Micro USB/Type C Device https://a.co/d/iKLpsGk

OP
nickfam33

nickfam33

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
It’s a drag actually plugging in and unplugging the phone when I’m in and out of the car frequently. I use a cable like this and it saves so much time (and wear & tear on the phone’s usb socket).

kuulaa Magnetic Charging Cable 540° Rotating Magnetic Phone Charger[2-Pack 3FT/3FT] 3 in 1 Magnetic Charger Cable Nylon Braided Magnetic USB Cable for iPhone/Micro USB/Type C Device https://a.co/d/iKLpsGk

OP
nickfam33

nickfam33

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for the link. I don’t use a cord to connect my phone. I use Bluetooth and this wireless CarPlay adapter https://a.co/d/fnJRq4t