Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2023 Explorer images leaked (from China)

Reactions
You guys seen the "leaked" photos of the refreshed 2023 Explorer in China? No word yet on how much of the changes will make it to the US (apparently their Explorer already had some big differences from ours). That new screen is...interesting? I do like some of the exterior changes though...no photos of an ST model however since the ST isn't sold in China apparently.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-n...inside-and-a-few-on-the-outside-ar194775.html

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Since those Explorers are assembled in China, I suppose it could mean the changes don’t make it to Chicago production.

OP
ScottZL1
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Since those Explorers are assembled in China, I suppose it could mean the changes don’t make it to Chicago production.
Yeah, I haven’t seen any hint at what may make it stateside. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see some of it here though…the Explorer is due for a mid-cycle refresh. The Telluride and Palisade just got theirs.

Reactions
Yeah there's been a few leaked photos on the internet.
2023-ford-explorer1.jpg 2023-ford-explorer2.jpg 2023-ford-explorer3.jpg 2023-ford-explorer4.jpg 2023-ford-explorer5.jpg 2023-ford-explorer6.jpg

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I like the new look of the interior, they just need to cut the long horizontal screen in half. It does not need to be that long. Now the exterior, lets just say the current version looks better.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'm sure we'll get this refresh here. Steeda posted some spy photos of the 2023 S650 Mustang, and it has a similar full width screen inside and a similar squared off front bumper.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
It almost looks like a Chinese knockoff of the actual Explorer--but there are some new design cues that I really like (the light bar across the top of the grille and the Lincoln-esque tailgate), but others that are really really bad (the new lower front fascia and the new grille).

Sgt1411

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
My CAP sources say we aren't getting that in North America.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
lol

Reactions
The "Warrior" model appeared to have body colour fender trims.

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
curious about that internal screen, seems it wouldn't pass 'distracted driver' training...

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Looks terrible to me. It’s designed for tech geeks(ie Chinese shit), not performance enthusiasts. If it comes to the US like that it will sell just fine. The majority of the population are idiots anyway.

Toadster

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
'23 ExST, '17 Raptor, '16 FoST, FFR Cobra
this 2023 video shows a regular dash

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
You guys seen the "leaked" photos of the refreshed 2023 Explorer in China? No word yet on how much of the changes will make it to the US (apparently their Explorer already had some big differences from ours). That new screen is...interesting? I do like some of the exterior changes though...no photos of an ST model however since the ST isn't sold in China apparently.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-n...inside-and-a-few-on-the-outside-ar194775.html

We shouldn’t sell China nothing but pubes

Hyins

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg

Attachments

F=MA

Reactions
Won't be on my shopping list if they happen to drag some of those changes over to the US model.