Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2022 Wireless Charger too small for some phones

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer King Ranch 4WD 3.0T
There are options for wireless AA btw. Check it out.
I use (and LOVE) wireless AA but does have quite a battery drain, so you need do need to charge on longer drives.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST - STAR WHITE
SuperiorTek 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter for All Factory Wired CarPlay Cars Wireless CarPlay Dongle Convert Wired to Wireless CarPlay top1f
Picked this up on Amazon. Works great to make Carplay wireless

RTM

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Just bought a 2022 Explorer ST and despite the great performance and decent spec, there are some niggles. Apple Car play on the large screen is poorly laid out and pretty uninspiring; but the one that irritates most is the wireless charging station, it is incompatible with the IPhone 12/13 Pro Max. Shame as I noted folks were discussing this in threads on this forum as far back as 2020; you would think they would adapt this charger with the changing spec and physical size of phones.
I bought a 2022 Explorer ST and it fits my iPhone 12 Pro Max. The problem is the charging is so slow it doesn't matter. At best it keeps the phone from charging down.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I found out this before buying and was slightly disappointed. Even the real estate use of the portrait screen could have been better. (360 cam display and android auto)
I bought it anyway for everything else it offers (Mainly for the V6)

But after reading through the posts, I wont miss the wireless charger. I have to plug it in for AA anyway.
I'm pretty sure someone will come up with an accessory that supports fast wireless charging and wireless AA.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
This is only MY experience with the wireless charging...it is not workable. Just driving, the phone slips around just enough that I constantly get error messages from the charging station. I would have to drive with my hand on the damn thing to steady it. Part of it is my iPhone which seems to have a teflon coating. The concept is nice, but the execution is not.

R2D2

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Quick question:
What happens if I keep another phone without wireless charging on the charging pad? Any issues to the car or phone?

I found out that my phone (one plus 8pro without cover) can be fitted there, leaving some space with charging pad, and it gets wireless charging. Bandaid solution.

DocBach

U.S. Army Veteran
Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0, 2021 Explorer ST
my 13 pro max (without a case) fits/charge just fine in my 2022.
yep, I have to remove the case to use the charger on my 12 pro max