Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2022 ST - Any News?

Reactions
Hi! Just joined the forum a couple days ago. We are looking to get a ST this summer...wife already has color (Rapid Red) and options picked based on the 2021 model. Is there any news out there about 2022 changes or when production starts? If nothing yet, any idea when we can start to see details coming out?

Thanks!

Reactions
Hi! Just joined the forum a couple days ago. We are looking to get a ST this summer...wife already has color (Rapid Red) and options picked based on the 2021 model. Is there any news out there about 2022 changes or when production starts? If nothing yet, any idea when we can start to see details coming out?

Thanks!
Nope, and with the chip shortage I am curious on if 2022 will be coming out. I decided not to wait and just get the car I am happy with.

Reactions
Bump. Anyone know of dealers ordering 22s?

New to the forum as well; looking to possibly make a move on a ST in the summer/fall. Not in any immediate rush - just kind of want to feel out if it's worth waiting for a 2022.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I'd wait just for the hope that it might have SYNC 4.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I'd wait just for the hope that it might have SYNC 4.
That’s the main reason I have been holding off. Well, that and the fact that it’s so hard to find any vehicles now. But beginning this year my whole plan was to wait for the 2022s and hope that they bring a new screen or at least sync 4.

Aladdin

Reactions
The 2022 Aviator order guide shows sync 3, so the 2022 Explorer will be the same. The 2022 Explorer order guide will appear in the next two weeks. There were very few minor changes for the Aviator so one could assume the same for the Explorer.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
The 2022 Aviator order guide shows sync 3, so the 2022 Explorer will be the same. The 2022 Explorer order guide will appear in the next two weeks. There were very few minor changes for the Aviator so one could assume the same for the Explorer.
Ugh no. That is so disappointing. Well I’m torn on what I’ll do. Pick up discounted 21? At this point I’ll see 22 brings to the tablet though. If not at least for better reliability. Possibly.

Im really surprised Ford is delaying sync 4 to such a popular vehicle. How do you put sync 4 into the 21 edge but not the 22 explorer. Ridiculous.

dtmenace

Reactions
Ugh no. That is so disappointing. Well I’m torn on what I’ll do. Pick up discounted 21? At this point I’ll see 22 brings to the tablet though. If not at least for better reliability. Possibly.

Im really surprised Ford is delaying sync 4 to such a popular vehicle. How do you put sync 4 into the 21 edge but not the 22 explorer. Ridiculous.
Laziness. That simple. Ford promised a factory performance tune for the explorer sport; it should materialize around the same time they produce it for the ST (read: never).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Laziness. That simple. Ford promised a factory performance tune for the explorer sport; it should materialize around the same time they produce it for the ST (read: never).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah you’re so right. It’s very unfortunate. I think it also just creates fragmentation with having so many different vehicles on different software. I understand maybe not changing the physical screen But to deliberately avoid putting in more up-to-date software is just lazy and sad.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I saw on blue oval that order guide for 22 was pushed back to august.