Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2022 Production Start Date?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I’m going crazy. Ordered 8/30 and no build date yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would call your dealer. There are numerous people who have not received email communication from ford for different reasons. Your dealer should have all the details.

Ramairgt1

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Mine was finished being built this week.
Mine finished yesterday. Should have it between Dec 15-21

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Not to change this thread but just read in the Facebook ST group that they removed the ambient lighting in the front cup holders. I am so pissed! I loved that accent feature on my 2017. Quite disappointed to say the least.

Reactions
Not to change this thread but just read in the Facebook ST group that they removed the ambient lighting in the front cup holders. I am so pissed! I loved that accent feature on my 2017. Quite disappointed to say the least.

That stinks... I wanted to wow my kids at night with glowing water bottles.. the Explorer ST Owners group? I missed that post.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
That stinks... I wanted to wow my kids at night with glowing water bottles.. the Explorer ST Owners group? I missed that post.
Ford Explorer ST forum

but yeah, I loved that accent feature. So disappointing. I’m pissed really cause it was never mentioned in the order guide about it being deleted. Like, what else is missing?

rls365

Reactions
Ford Explorer ST forum

but yeah, I loved that accent feature. So disappointing. I’m pissed really cause it was never mentioned in the order guide about it being deleted. Like, what else is missing?
I thought i read ambient lighting only came on 401a

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I thought i read ambient lighting only came on 401a
That is true. This guys said he had it. He posted a video and it showed the ambient lighting settings on the screen but no lighting in the cup holders.

Reactions

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
So I’ve chatted with two different reps on fords website. One from general chat and another from build and price, and they both said that cup holder ambient lighting is in fact included with 401a package. They couldn’t provide actual data since it comes from an internal system. So I’m confused.

Reactions
So I’ve chatted with two different reps on fords website. One from general chat and another from build and price, and they both said that cup holder ambient lighting is in fact included with 401a package. They couldn’t provide actual data since it comes from an internal system. So I’m confused.
I guess we will find out in a couple weeks. I'll hope they are there, but like my extra 1%, its not something I'm gonna get bent about.

I just noticed my ST listed on the Chapman site... pretty sure yours is on there too.. (I bet ford, like other manufacturers automatically adds it to their inventory when it ships), so hopefully they come in the early part of the estimated delivery range.

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I guess we will find out in a couple weeks. I'll hope they are there, but like my extra 1%, its not something I'm gonna get bent about.

I just noticed my ST listed on the Chapman site... pretty sure yours is on there too.. (I bet ford, like other manufacturers automatically adds it to their inventory when it ships), so hopefully they come in the early part of the estimated delivery range.
Yeah I feel silly for letting it bother me but it stings when my 17 limited explorer has it but my brand new 22 ST has it removed.

oh nice let me go check it out. Yeah they do. Before I ordered I always inquired about cars and the dealer would say it’s already sold.

OP
I
Reactions
Thread Starter #73
I ordered late August. It was scheduled to be built starting this week but while checking this last week, I saw it was being built a week early. I went back to the site today to check for any updates and each time I click the link, I can submit the VIN and order number but the screen just goes back to the window to enter the VIN and order number. I had this happen to me about a month ago as well. I kept checking each day for almost week then gave up. Anyone else ever run into this?

kmaleone

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 rapid red ST
Ordered my 22 ST on Dec.23. Production date /week of March 7.

Reactions
I ordered late August. It was scheduled to be built starting this week but while checking this last week, I saw it was being built a week early. I went back to the site today to check for any updates and each time I click the link, I can submit the VIN and order number but the screen just goes back to the window to enter the VIN and order number. I had this happen to me about a month ago as well. I kept checking each day for almost week then gave up. Anyone else ever run into this?

Yes happens to me as well. Works probably every 30th try