Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2021 ST BOV

Reactions
Sorry for the “noob” question! Looking to upgrade the BOV in my 2021 ST but it doesn’t seem to be in the same position as the videos I’ve watched pertaining to the 2020’s. Any pictures or help would be appreciated!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s in the same place. Left hand side below the air box.

SBF445

Reactions
Sorry for the “noob” question! Looking to upgrade the BOV in my 2021 ST but it doesn’t seem to be in the same position as the videos I’ve watched pertaining to the 2020’s. Any pictures or help would be appreciated!
I picked up my infinite blue ST today and no blow off valve under air box. There is a provision in charge pipe where one would be.

OP
Selldawg22
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
It’s in the same place. Left hand side below the air box.
I’ve removed the entire air box and everything around it; no BOV ‍♂️

OP
Selldawg22
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
I picked up my infinite blue ST today and no blow off valve under air box. There is a provision in charge pipe where one would be.
I got mine Monday, pulled everything out today and found nothing ‍♂️

Reactions
Yours is not here? It's easy to miss. You can see mine with a red VTA adapter on it.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Yours is not here? It's easy to miss. You can see mine with a red VTA adapter on it.

Yes his is right there. He just doesn’t know what he’s looking for. Your pics should clear it up.

OP
Selldawg22
Reactions
Thread Starter #10

Thanks for the reply! I’m not a car “noob” just newer to the explorer scene. It is 100% not there. I believe it’s been relocated further down on the left, in a much harder-to-reach area. I’ll get some pics tomorrow, maybe you all can see something I’m not.

OP
Selldawg22
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Yes his is right there. He just doesn’t know what he’s looking for. Your pics should clear it up.
Loosen your tampon, just a guy asking for help. Appreciate the feedback :poop::poop:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
You’re asking for help and ignoring the help you’ve been given. Nothing changed and nothing moved. The bypass valve is still in the same place and still connects to the driver side turbo inlet tube just like it has since day 1. If you’re looking for a BOV you won’t find one…because there isn’t one.

SBF445

Reactions
You’re asking for help and ignoring the help you’ve been given. Nothing changed and nothing moved. The bypass valve is still in the same place and still connects to the driver side turbo inlet tube just like it has since day 1. If you’re looking for a BOV you won’t find one…because there isn’t one.

Attachments

SBF445

Reactions
There is a provision for it in the tube but no bypass valve

OP
Selldawg22
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
You’re asking for help and ignoring the help you’ve been given. Nothing changed and nothing moved. The bypass valve is still in the same place and still connects to the driver side turbo inlet tube just like it has since day 1. If you’re looking for a BOV you won’t find one…because there isn’t one.[/QUOTE
Sure thing buddy!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Look closely at post #8.

OP
Selldawg22
Reactions
Thread Starter #17
Look closely at post #8.
Thanks buddy. I do appreciate your help! I’m going to snap a few pictures this evening when I get off work. I’ll take everything back out and hopefully we can solve this scooby-doo mystery.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Again, nothing has moved. Look here. Red arrow is the grommet the airbox snaps into. Yellow arrow is the T fitting on the coolant hose. Red circle is what you’re looking for.
DAA7427F-FF29-407F-882D-3FA238E165BB.jpeg

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Different angle, same markings. Turbosmart BOV being installed on a ‘21.
9578B03D-E4FE-40E1-B887-FBA77807E336.jpeg

Explorer ST Posts