Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

2020 Ford Explorer ST

Bambilouv

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer St
Hello!
First time having a twin-turbo vehicle. wasn't prepared for the gas-guzzling!

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
All depends on perspective. For the HP, i feel like the 21mpg is remarkable. The past 3 cars I've had were smaller and less HP with similar mileage.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Agreed, congrats and welcome. If you drive it likes its twin turbo you'll deff see it change the mileage lol. Good highway driving its pretty efficient for what you get!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
The best MPG we have gotten, is in my wife's 2022 ST, during a road trip to TX. On the way there, we got 24.5MPG. On the way back, around 22MPG.

For daily driving, we are around 19-20MPG during the winter. In the summer, we are around 22-23MPG.

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello!
First time having a twin-turbo vehicle. wasn't prepared for the gas-guzzling!
Welcome to the forum.

You might be suffering from the heavy right foot syndrome. It happens to me every time my wife isn't in the ST with me.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
The best MPG we have gotten, is in my wife's 2022 ST, during a road trip to TX. On the way there, we got 24.5MPG. On the way back, around 22MPG.

For daily driving, we are around 19-20MPG during the winter. In the summer, we are around 22-23MPG.
About the same here.

OP
B

Bambilouv

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer St
Thread Starter #7
My car is making a sort of Put-Put sound when I'm warming it up and driving I suspect. I don't recall hearing this noise when I first got it. (I bought it used in Nov 2022) Has anyone else experienced this?

Jnat

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
For the HP the mpg is tolerable imo... it's always a compromise/HP takes fuel.