Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

18 inch wheels

Chadler76

Reactions
Thinking ahead to snow tire season. Will 18 inch rims fit on the ST, standard wheels, 20inch from the factory.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yes. But make sure wheel bore is correct. You can't use 18" rims from the previous gen unless they are aftermarket and you can swap hubcentric rings.

beaST

Reactions
Yup! The police interceptors run 18s but those wheels and center caps are ugly and overpriced. Have over 10K on 265/60R18 Wrangler Duratrac , great ride quality for as aggressive as they are . Best truck tire of any I sell . They do not compare to the 21" Pirellis once you get over 80mph. 18" American Eagle rimes were under 200 / pc. Having some slight glitches with 2 of the 4 Autel TPMS
20210110_122049.jpg

Reactions
What setup is everyone going with for winter rims/tires?
I'm looking to buy but not sure what size yet.
Might go down to 20" because the cost is insane.

Reactions
What setup is everyone going with for winter rims/tires?
I'm looking to buy but not sure what size yet.
Might go down to 20" because the cost is insane.
Following for replies as well.

I'd like to go down to 18" with some aggressive winter tires, hopefully without them getting too loud on dry pavement though.

Reactions
Yes. But make sure wheel bore is correct. You can't use 18" rims from the previous gen unless they are aftermarket and you can swap hubcentric rings.
Do you know what Bore is needed? looking to get into a set of 18's but want to make sure I get the correct ones

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Center bore 70.5

Explorer ST Posts