Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

+175HP Let's go!

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #21
Never been on one..they’re a tuning tool, not a thing to brag about IMHO. Numbers vary too widely to be a dead accurate comparison. My personal best actual times are 3.74 0-60 and 11.77 @117. So definitely north of 500 to the tires based on performance.
Wow, I am just waiting for a decent day to bust the draggy out. It's been wet or snowy everyday since I got my car back. E70 should make more than E50 right? I can't imagine this thing is quicker than 11.77. Do you have weight reduction at all?

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
If your dynos are correct at 520, you should be in the same range. Another ST dynoed at 504 was at 11.89. Unbroken (I'm sure he'll be happy to detail it) has some pretty significant savings in wheel and brake weight.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Hmmm
If your dynos are correct at 520, you should be in the same range. Another ST dynoed at 504 was at 11.89. Unbroken (I'm sure he'll be happy to detail it) has some pretty significant savings in wheel and brake weight.
i also have some pretty significant dead weight with the audio I’ve added…unfortunately.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #25
Just to jog the memory!:
https://www.explorerst.org/threads/...attern-offset-tire-information.188/post-27206

Before run flats and other things (no idea when you ran the personal best). In any case, for OP, you should be in same range.
Hopefully I'll be able to get a verified 1/4 mile tomorrow, if I am in the 11s I'm quite content with that. If not, perhaps some more power or weight savings. Do we have a spare under our cars? Anyone know the weight if I remove it? I've never even looked lol.

Reactions
Hopefully I'll be able to get a verified 1/4 mile tomorrow, if I am in the 11s I'm quite content with that. If not, perhaps some more power or weight savings. Do we have a spare under our cars? Anyone know the weight if I remove it? I've never even looked lol.
No spare tire under the truck unfortunately. Its in the trunk.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #27
Didn't have the room to finish had to brake near the end. 7.69 suggests around 12.0 though. Still to see 12.2 knowing I let off is cool.

3.96 0-60
3.62 with 1'

Attachments

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #28
The first sentence is incorrect. The oem fuel system will support E50 flawlessly. That can net 3.6X 0/60’s and 11.6X 1/4’s at 117+
So now that I've got an idea of what my times are; I'd say there was 0 reason for me to spend 4 grand on the fuel system. It didn't do anything if the stock fuel system is cranking out the same performance as what I am doing now. Am I missing something??

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
With that 0-60 you should see 12.0’s on 93. Maybe have been covered already but do you have an intercooler in it?

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #30
Yes sir.
Intercooler, hpfp, injectors, and e70 tune.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Just play with it…you’ve got a lot more in there.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #32
I appreciate the confidence. Tires were spinning all the way to 60ish. Crappy Detroit roads. Was just getting a little jaded that I dropped a bit of cash on something others could do already without. Our drag strip opens in a couple months. I'll try to be patient!

Reactions
Just checking in, 6 days later.... This thing is fast! But I will say my MPG's are around 10-11mpg now average. I've had to fill up every single day since I picked up the car. Just a word of warning to anyone going this route. E85 is a little cheaper than 93 but I'm using a lot of it.
I am looking to go a similar route. Can you list what all you’ve done? Did you get a whipple intercooler? Did you swap out fuel lines and injectors? Is this 520 WHEEL horsepower or at the crank? Did you fortify your transmission?I’m sure you did a HPFP. As a side note, seeing that gas here in California is 91 and is hovering over 6.50 on average, doesn’t e85 at 2.99 make up for the 30% deficiency in economy? Thanks in advance for answering questions

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I am looking to go a similar route. Can you list what all you’ve done? Did you get a whipple intercooler? Did you swap out fuel lines and injectors? Is this 520 WHEEL horsepower or at the crank? Did you fortify your transmission?I’m sure you did a HPFP. As a side note, seeing that gas here in California is 91 and is hovering over 6.50 on average, doesn’t e85 at 2.99 make up for the 30% deficiency in economy? Thanks in advance for answering questions
You can make over 500 to the tire with a Whipple IC, E50 tune and not much else. No need for an HPFP, injectors or trans upgrades.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #35
This is 520 wheel yes. I did not swap fuel lines, only injectors and hpfp. Transmission is stock. Using e85 uses around 35% more fuel than 93, so with gas priced the way it is now, yes it is slightly more economical to use e85. At this point I am out of turbo (air). I'm still on the fence if I want to go that route as it will force me to do turbos, downpipes, and transmission. It's a hefty investment, but I'm already growing used to the power it has at the moment. Getting ~11mpg also isn't the best, bigger turbos will likely drop that figure into sub 10mpg area.

MrHoward

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Anyone know the HP/torque difference between 87,91,93 and Gt race fuel?

Explorer ST Posts