Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

1 Inch Wheel Spacers

Tommy Flippen

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Has anyone put 1" wheel spacers with the 21 inch factory wheels? My tire shop they wouldn't fit because the original wheel studs were too long. Does that wheel have pockets on the back of the wheel between the lug holes where this extra length could go (disappear)?

Reactions
Has anyone put 1" wheel spacers with the 21 inch factory wheels? My tire shop they wouldn't fit because the original wheel studs were too long. Does that wheel have pockets on the back of the wheel between the lug holes where this extra length could go (disappear)?
You will need to trim the studs to go with 1" spacers. The 1.25" spacers fit with no trimming of the studs. Your rear tire will be just about perfect, but the front tire will poke out about .25".

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Check the wheel threads. There are tons of posts of guys running BORA spacers with lots of pics of 1", 1.25", and 1.5". @BigRichard is correct about the sizing and stud length, but me personally, i thought the overflush look was a little better/more aggressive and ran 1.25" F and 1.5" R before moving to forged wheels with custom offset.

OP
Tommy Flippen

Tommy Flippen

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Thank you both for your input, the ST in lowered with Steeda springs, that pesky 1/4" might be an issue.... did it change the way the vehicle tracked with the 2 different spacers F/R?

Attachments

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Nope. No issue. Also on lowering springs. IMO it makes the perfect stance. Remember that your camber increases as the suspension compresses.

Nope. The front OEM track width is actually wider than the rear. That just evened it up.

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
1.25 f and 1.5 r with stock wheels and tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stinger

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Reactions
IIRC the stock 21 wheels have a pocket milled out where the wheel studs would touch the wheel on the inside. I would double check that. Not even close to touching on my set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLexplorer

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
22 Explorer ST
Well could you just use the 1.50 spacers in the back, and leave the front stock ?

OP
Tommy Flippen

Tommy Flippen

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
I went with the 1.25" spacers in the rear and did not change the front, no issues but to get all the black lugnuts to match took some effort. Lowered with the Steeda Springs.

Attachments

Reactions
Has anyone else gone with 1.25" in the back and left the front the same?
I was thinking of doing the same - extend out the rear tires and leave the front stock.
Anyone have additional photos of this possibly even with 1.5" in the rear/stock front?
Tks.

OP
Tommy Flippen

Tommy Flippen

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
Has anyone else gone with 1.25" in the back and left the front the same?
I was thinking of doing the same - extend out the rear tires and leave the front stock.
Anyone have additional photos of this possibly even with 1.5" in the rear/stock front?
Tks.
See above.....