Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

0-60 Times w/no brake tq (Stomp & go)

Reactions
Is your Dragy reporting accurate temps? Most of the time mine is off by as much as +40 degrees.

I just tried it again and it's off by +14 degrees, which is about the most accurate it's ever been. Lol

Tried reinstalling the app, did nothing.
Yes mine has always been pretty close to the outside temps, typically within 2 or 3 degrees of what my ST says it is outside. I thought the temp and DA info was pulled from the satellite for your location, so I couldn't even make a good guess how it could be off 40 degrees.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I don't have a dragy, but this whole temp/attitude DA thing has caused me to wonder where this info is coming from. You are definitely not getting temp or barometric pressue (which factor into DA) from the GPS satellites. If you are getting info from 3 satellites, you can get 2-d mapping (latitude and longitude). When a 4th satellite is available you can also measure altitude (a lot less precisely). But none of this give you temperature or barometric pressure.

It's easy (and cheap enough) for the Dragy to include a barometric sensor and a temp sensor. That would give you enough information to perform the calculation- from within the car! As far as I can see (looking at Dragy docs), it doesn't have external sensors (like a wire leading out of the car), so I can't see how it's getting actual outside temperature unless it's getting the temp from another source.

And that source would have to come from local weather on your phone via the bluetooth connection. That info usually comes from a local airport. And yet, one poster says his is off by 40 degrees. I have searched for where Dragy is getting this info and have not found anything that would explain it.

It would make perfect sense to me from an engineering aspect that the Dragy would have a temp and baro sensor built in. Especially the baro sensor as it could use this to do an uncorrected altitude calculation if the 4th satellite was unavailable.

My point is, the Dragy is definitely going to be quite accurate on its speed/elapsed time info. I would not put much faith in its DA calculation.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I should add to this that DA- except at extremes- doesn't really mean anything to a turbocharged ST. It is measuring mass-flow. And it does that by controlling the wastegates. It can deliver the same 40 lbs/min of airflow at sealevel and in Denver. Air temperature has much more impact than does barometric pressure to a turbocharged engine.

DA might be important for you to make adjustments to your dial-in on your N/A or supercharged bracket racer, but it's not as big a deal in a tubocharged vehicle.

CareerFiremanGuy

1000 Post Club
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Yes mine has always been pretty close to the outside temps, typically within 2 or 3 degrees of what my ST says it is outside. I thought the temp and DA info was pulled from the satellite for your location, so I couldn't even make a good guess how it could be off 40 degrees.
Really, only 2 or 3 degrees? I just checked and connected mine again, it's reading 38 degrees high.

I know it doesn't effect time/speed measurements, but still, it'd be nice if it actually worked.